Thread: 73 Radio question

73 Radio question

My COA has no listing for the radio. Looking through the Johnson book I sse a listing for a Blaupunkt Lubeck CR that has AM/FM cassette,anybody have a pic of one of those.
    Thanks,
    Phil

71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Rick,
    Thanks, the ugly thing in the dash is the correct radio, Wahoo!
    Phil

I guess it depends on how you chose to interpret 'correct'. Yes technically it is correct, but that ugly thing is about as far as correct goes; but then beauty is in the eye of the beholder - and justice can be blind too.

Seriously, I was interested in finding a 73 Blau for my 73, but after seeing that beaut, I may have to reconsider. I don't know if Beckers were factory installed, but that may be another option. Check out the Becker Mexico radio cassette, not much better, but.. hey it was 1973. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=614189

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Rick,
    My goal is to correct car as factory correct as possible. Car does not have "correct" front rubber bumper pads and I have no intention of reinstalling those. I'd love to find a set of through the grille light and grilles, that won't be easy or cheap. Thanks for all the help.
    Phil

And to think how many of things have been thrown in the trash over the years.
    Phil