Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RSR fuel injectors

RSR fuel injectors

I am looking for a set of 3.0 Liter 74 RSR fuel injectors. I have also been told some one on the eastern side of the USA turns down Mercedes Benz injectors and those will work? I can't seem to find the guy I guess he does fuel pump rebuilds etc and his name might be Hans? Can anyone help? Thanks Ron rthomas@heattfs.com

Rsr

My RSR parts book for 1973, 2.8 RSR, and 1974 3.0 Ltr.RSR show the same part number 901.110.015.01 for the injectors.
    I was told by a factory person that the only difference between the RSR injectors and street injectors were that the RSR ones were tested for max flow and balanced , so all six injectors put out the same amount. Not sure if the factory guy knew what he was talking about?

I would be interested in any additional info you might find.

Quote Originally Posted by gunzel
    My RSR parts book for 1973, 2.8 RSR, and 1974 3.0 Ltr.RSR show the same part number 901.110.015.01 for the injectors.
    I was told by a factory person that the only difference between the RSR injectors and street injectors were that the RSR ones were tested for max flow and balanced , so all six injectors put out the same amount. Not sure if the factory guy knew what he was talking about?
    That factory individual told you the truth. I use to race RSR's many years ago and bought plenty of those things.

We also used to buy them in batches of 50 from the local dealer (who knew us well) and have them flow tested to match them in sets of 6.
    Steve Weiner
    Rennsport Systems
    Portland Oregon
    E-mail: porsche@rennsportsystems.com
    http://www.rennsportsystems.com

Thanks

Steve

Thanks for the confirmation on the injectors. I have a factory RSR and its good to know about the injectors.

Arrow RSR Fuel Injectors, BOSCH p/n DV-0460

I have twelve of the factory BOSCH RSR injectors, here are some photos with the BOSCH p/n stamped on the injector. I realize is hard to read, especially at the restricted 97.7 kb maximum file size.

The stamped number says DV-0460

http://www.pbase.com/slidevalve911rs...fuel_injectors

* Not for sale...
    Attached Images Attached Images

injectors

Quote Originally Posted by 914-6gt
    I have twelve of the factory BOSCH RSR injectors, here are some photos with the BOSCH p/n stamped on the injector. I realize is hard to read, especially at the restricted 97.7 kb maximum file size.

The stamped number says DV-0460

http://www.pbase.com/slidevalve911rs...fuel_injectors

* Not for sale...
    More good info.

RSR Fuel Injector vs. Street 911 Fuel Injectors

Quote Originally Posted by gunzel
    I was told by a factory person that the only difference between the RSR injectors and street injectors were that the RSR ones were tested for max flow and balanced , so all six injectors put out the same amount.
    OK, I'm compelled to have to post what I have personally researched about these RSR fuel injectors. First disclosure; I have NOT personally split-open an RSR fuel injector and never will, so my information and comments come directly from the expert sources I rely upon around the world.

Below are the key point differences I have researched;

(1) The RSR fuel injectors and the Street 911 fuel injectors use the same BOSCH injector body. They look the same externally and each injector has a unique BOSCH part number as well as a unique Porsche part number to identify them.

(2) The RSR fuel injectors have a distinctly different internal valving system design referred to as a "guided needle", while the more common 911 fuel injector uses a "floating needle" design (not as precise, does not provide the same performance level as the RSR counterpart).

(3) The RSR fuel injector spray pattern, without question, is again distinctly identifiable due to the fuel needle design differences (assuming all injectors, street/RSR are properly working).

(4) The fuel pressure delivery rate is the same for both the RSR and the Street fuel injectors. Both injectors were designed to work efficiently at the very same fuel delivery rate.

For illustration purposes, I hope to someday be able to take some good digital photos of the RSR vs. Street fuel injector spray patterns as they are tested while using the factory BOSCH Injector-Tester.

Again, I have not personally verified the above information and I'm only providing these details from what I have learned after spending a significant amount of time doing the research.

BTW...
    Ron Thomas, the East Coast 'expert contact' you're looking for that specializes in the rebuilding, maintenance of BOSCH MFI Pumps, etc., is listed below;

Hans Key - Tel: (631) 589-1600 - Fax (631) 589-4133
    H & R Fuel Injection
    New Your, NY

Also, here is the other contact located in the West Coast;

Gus Fizter - Tel: (650) 588-8880
    Pacific Fuel Injection
    153 Utah Avenue, Suite B
    South San Francisco, CA 94080

Either one is extremely knowledgeable and both very well equipped to service ALL your MFI needs.

Hope this helps...

Armando

Just an observation on the differences between RSR & std MFI injectors....the RSR appears to have a slightly taller hex section than the standard MFI injectors...implying they do not use exactly the same body as their street counterpart.

I imagine the factory copy lathes would have been reasonably precisely set up, and such a variance would not have been down to chance alone.

Purely speculation on my part of course!

Image attached shows the standard injector(EP/DCC 45 R3) on the left, RSR (DVO460 450) on the right.

(C) B Buschen

Significant differences too between standard MFI injectors for Porsche and Mercedes Benz & Aston Martin.

Porsche = EP/DCC45R3 = 0437004003
    MB & AM = DC8C45R2 supercedes R1 = 0437004002 supercedes 001

Mounting thread, body length and pintle diameter are all different.

MFI Injector Nomenclature

Identification (technical characteristics)

Each designed to run off positive displacement pumps with different piston diameters (fuel flow requirements)

Porsche PED6KL60.. = 6.0mm (up to 450cc per engine cylinder)
    Mercedes PES6KL70.. (..8KL75).. = 7.0 and 7.5mm (up to 500cc per engine cylinder)
    Aston PES8KL75.. = 7.5mm (up to 675cc per engine cylinder)

I can't find a Bosch factory reference to the RSR DVO numbers....but I would note that roll marking machines (that indent the part number on the cylindrical body of the injectors) do not come cheap - surely the DVO markings would have been made in a high $$ factory. I suspect that using the standard injectors for RSR's was the "cheap" alternative. (lest there was a service notification issued from the factory to the race teams to this effect...any body seen one of these ??)

Regards
    John

As for spray patterns, unfortunately I don't have a part number for this injector running on an engine in a 908 (and cannot recall where I got the image from - all (C) rights reserved by the owner..)