Thread: New 67S Coupe at Sloan's

New 67S Coupe at Sloan's

Aga Blue coupe, 2 owner car with documentation.

Does the car look familiar or does Sloan own this car?

http://www.sloancars.com/vs1/NewCar.asp

Scroll down to the 6th car
    S Registry #1229
    1972 Light Yellow 911T (RS look currently, ST replica coming)
    1984 Black/Black RoW 930 Turbo
    2004 Black/Black 996 GT3
    1971 Metallic Blue 911T Sunroof Coupe
    2007 Atlas Grey Cayman S (My First)

Personal experience with Sloan

Having spoken with Mr. Sloan on several occasions in the past, I get the distinct impression that very few of the cars listed on his site are his and even fewer are actually in his possession.

On two occasions, I called to make an appointment to visit his facility to view a particular car he has listed for sale(both are still listed on his site) and in both instances, he volunteered that the cars were not in his possession.

Other comparable sites, ie; Symbolic (San Diego), Truspeedmotorcars (Newport), Autosportdesigns (Long Island), have in their possession all of the cars listed on their respective sites.

I know this because I have purchased cars from all three and visited all of these locations and have seen their inventory.

Symbolic , Truspeedmotorcars and Autosportdesigns have a slightly different business model than Mr. Sloan

Chuck

Aga blue on black. Nice combination.

Pricing is comparable to the 73S a bit further down. Does this mesh with the past marketplace for these cars? 67S = 73S of similar quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Baron
    Having spoken with Mr. Sloan on several occasions in the past, I get the distinct impression that very few of the cars listed on his site are his and even fewer are actually in his possession.

On two occasions, I called to make an appointment to visit his facility to view a particular car he has listed for sale(both are still listed on his site) and in both instances, he volunteered that the cars were not in his possession.

Other comparable sites, ie; Symbolic (San Diego), Truspeedmotorcars (Newport), Autosportdesigns (Long Island), have in their possession all of the cars listed on their respective sites.

I know this because I have purchased cars from all three and visited all of these locations and have seen their inventory.

Symbolic , Truspeedmotorcars and Autosportdesigns have a slightly different business model than Mr. Sloan

Chuck
    I saw Mr Sloan's son with one of his DP slantnose cars on show at Greenwich in early June, when I went to see Steven Harris' beautiful car unveiled after a Paterak resto. Funnily enough Steven's car was also an Aga Blue 67S. Seeing that Sloan's car was beside his, perhaps he mentioned to Steven that he was selling a similar car. Who knows. Its fairly easy to do a search on Sloan either here or over on Pelican to see what's what. But I think Chuck was fairly clear.
    And Chuck knowzzz
    Speaking of Autosport, Chuck did you see that beautiful yellow 2.8RSR when you were out there? That Forbes Robinson drove? Very nice.
    Nice cars all round on Autosport site.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Karl,

I visit the autosport site weekly just to drool over that car.

I would like to have Raj's RSR and that 2.8 beside mine.

That would be a "bitchen" trio.

Oh well ........... tough economy ..... gotta watch the pennies

FWIW - in Excellence, the regular Sloan ad appears to have the car listed at 85K. It may be a different car but it seems to read the same...do you get to pick which price you pay?

I know Richard Sloan fairly well, and have spoken to him about the Aga Blue 67S. He faxed me all the restoration receipts on the car, and what he knows of the history. Richard typically acts as broker (as Tom Papadopolous at Autosport sometimes does) and oftens has the cars in his place in New Haven, which I have visited several times (each time, filled to capacity with interesting, low mileage cars). I haven't seen the 67S, but the receipts are for replacement parts and paint restoration work from a shop in Maine I don't know. Having just gone through the restoration of a largely original 67S, I am very aware of how many parts are unique to that model and year. I suspect that Richard's car is a sincere and not particularly exact restoration. Unless one had the depth of knowledge of Eric or Paterek, it is unlikely one would know exactly what was correct (back of bumper-overiders solid?).
    I have sold three cars through Richard and purchased one. Each transaction was straightforward and uncomplicated.

I think Tom Papadopolous may have traded the yellow RSR back to Frank G. I saw them at Lime Rock the Saturday of the ALMS and they were doing another of those swaperoos.
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340