Thread: Compartment details 68 Trans am cars?

Compartment details 68 Trans am cars?

We have a 68 trans am car for reassembly. Can anyone help with details on how the compartments were detailed out? semi gloss black everywhere? headliners? complete interior ? door panels?

From my recollection, they were complete according to the rules (as "sedans" back seat upholstery was supposed to be there? ) , but no undercoat, sound proofing

appreciate pics too if you have ones from "in the day"

thanks!
    dave
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

Here's a start. I'll look for something better. (also, check your Gmail acct. for more)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ck the Canepa site.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Tony's winning car was not an original '68 special order car. I am sure most people know that the chassis was wrecked early on (pretty sure it was at Daytona). They used an impounded car chassis. It is not clear what year that chassis was, or whether or not it was a 912 (most prevalent rumors say it was). I am pretty sure Tony's wouldn't be the best example of a "factory" car, since they more extensively modified their car than anyone else did. That said, I could certainly be wrong about the interior, which is the question.

Adamowicz Car (Wetson, Adamowicz, Jennings)

The "First in Class" and "4th Over-All" car was wrecked at Daytona in practice. The brakes were not bedded in before he (Tony) left the pits and he subsequently hit the wall exiting. The car was taken to Brumos and worked on until the wee hours of the morning to transplant the front end from another car. True story.

The car that was at Charlotte is the real car from Daytona (P.A.R.T.). It has been owned by G&W twice and raced by them. It was expensive the first time they bought it and I imagine it's not gotten any cheaper.

I've seen the Kardex from the factory and it was ordered "loaded". There were 3 cars.

Sport Kit
    Rally Kit
    LSD
    100 Litre Tank
    Leather Wheel
    16mm Stabilizers F/R
    Roll Bar
    Porsche Lettering
    6" Alloys
    Lowered for "Rally Purposes"
    Tuned Engine (Rep. 70-702)
    POAC 064 Options
    Sonderwusch

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Klub Sport was finishing a 68 car about a year ago for RR3. From my recollection it was a trans am car. Talk to Bruce.

http://www.klubsportracing.com/index...tpage&Itemid=1
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

I was talking to Tony Adamowicz about the '68 Trans Am Tribute cars over the weekend. Tony was involved during the build of both tribute cars (though only in the beginning of the first car). He told me that part of the problem was that it all took place 40 years ago. For instance, he remembered that when he raced the car it had 3 gauges on the dashboard, he'd swear by it, then someone showed him a picture and the car had 5 gauges... point is: Memories go fuzzy and the best thing to do is look at period pictures. The tribute cars were built to the best of the memories of the people involved but they're not 100% correct. I asked him about the donor car being a 912, he said that he thought it was a 912 and when the car arrived from the salvage yard in NY the car didn't have an engine in it (high ride height in the back).

Cheers,
    n.
    EarlySRegistry #1426
    R Gruppe #525

http://nicolashunziker.com