Thread: 911 Weissach in original paint

911 Weissach in original paint

Hi guys,
    a client of mine has deceided to sell his incredibly nice Weissach edition Coupe.
    We're looking for US$ 39,5k
    Car is original paint with only 50k miles. 2 owners all documented!
    Check the link

http://www.2-shores-classics.com/ind..._id=84&lang=de

carnut
    74 Euro Carrera 2.7 #0390

64 Apollo 5000 GT (ex Milt Brown)

72 Ford Capri 2,6 RS

record

That would be a world record price for an SC

the link is not working
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

.com

cut the link off at .com

Weissach is sold!

Hi guys,

the owner did sell the car locally in the US, that is why the link no longer works.
    Thanks!
    carnut
    74 Euro Carrera 2.7 #0390

64 Apollo 5000 GT (ex Milt Brown)

72 Ford Capri 2,6 RS

And it's just an SC too. I owned one. $39.5; somebody got taken to the woodshed.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Thumbs down wood shed

I did not want to slam the car but I saw it at Porsches to Oxford and it was not very nice, 2 driving lights, 2 fog lights 4 total YUCK! Polished wheels, dents and scratches and he paid $27,000 told me Grandaughters of the Porsche family wanted to buy it. TOOO Funny

Weissach

here's one on theSamba for a better price

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=638459
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

In 1984 I did a re-dye of the absolutely-positively lousy (Doric Grey) interior that these cars had. The leather was not up to Porsche standards IMHO. I was accustomed to the "riding saddle" type of leather my '74 coupe had. This leather was surface dyed and the color came off like cheap paint.
    I did do a write up on the Leatherique (remember that stuff?) procedure. By carefully taping off all of the "red" piping and using a Binks "Jam Gun" I ended up with a very professional finish.
    I received a letter from Bruce Anderson about submitting it for print in Pano. Having the "do people really care about this stuff?" attitude and splitting time between Richmond and Virginia Beach (which was waaaay more fun) I don't recall ever submitting it but then again, the early-mid 80's are somewhat of a blur in the memory banks.

Face it:

It's an SC with 7's and 8's and a totally funky (not good) interior. One of Porsche's attempts at a "Special Edition". I bought mine on the cheap as the Carrera had arrived and eclipsed the SC. I then traded it a year later for a "practical car" and boot ($$$) which I used as a down payment on a house. The practical car? A VW GTI! And to this day I swear the GTI was more fun.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111