Thread: FS 67S Eng in 69T

FS 67S Eng in 69T

I have recently acquired this 69 911T non-sunroof coupe from a friend that could not complete the restoration. I have mixed emotions about restoring the car or if I should part it out. It's actually worth more in parts but it runs and drives pretty well and I just can't do it. I don't have the time to restore it myself so I'm posting an ad. The real value here is the 67S engine #962008. The numbers indicate it's from a 67S Targa. The engine runs decent considering the webers need kits and accelerator pumps. It has good oil pressure and was rebuilt in the late 80's (no documentation). It does smoke a bit. This may be old gas or carb problems. Or it may need to be freshened up (rings/valve guides). The engine needs detailing but is dry underneath. The car made a 300 mile trip last year but it has not been driven regularly and the fuel needs to be drained. The previous owner did some floor pan and front pan replacement and it is not what I would call professional. It appears to be fairly solid and safe but the weld work is a little sloppy and some surface rust has re-formed on the seams. The 901 box shifts well but the shift bushings need replacing. Someone could spent some time and $$$ and use it as a driver or possibly it could be turned into a track car.
    This car would be a real "find" if someone has a 67S with the wrong engine. It would be wonderful if this 67S engine could be matched up with the original car. That would be a "needle in a haystack" but very cool!
    I can provide info and pictures of any area. She's a little rough but has potential. I'll post a few photos.

Price: $7,500

Bobby Smith
    member #299
    Attached Images Attached Images

more photos
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bobby,

I'm a masochist I guess and it looks like it could make cool a S powered hotrod. How bad is the rust on the car?

Cheers, Juan
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

I'd like to agree to purchase, but 'best offer over $6,500.00"? So, is this like an auction?

I am not trying to be a smart axx, I am serious about a purchase.

Cheers,

John

Sorry for the approach I took in pricing. In looking back, I suppose that I should have just posted a price. I've been offered $7,250 at this point and the first person to offer $7,500 gets her. I'll be away from my PC until 11am Monday. If anyone here would like this car please PM me and I'll take them in the order they are received. Many thanks to everyone that has inquired and sorry for the confusion in pricing. Price has been changed.
    Bobby

Sale Pending. That certainly didn't take long. I probably left a little on the table with this one. Staying Stateside!
    Bobby

'69 t for sale

if sale doesn't go through how much for just the engine ? thanks bert

And... is Juan the new owner, or was someone else the first to respond the second time the car was 'offered' with in the same post. I could have used the motor and trani for a '67 S/R coupe. Oh well.

Ruf...

that dog in the garage, is "as" tall as the car. beautiful Dog, Bobby !!!
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Quote Originally Posted by JPlonghood
    And... is Juan the new owner, or was someone else the first to respond the second time the car was 'offered' with in the same post. I could have used the motor and trani for a '67 S/R coupe. Oh well.
    Not me, I went outside to clean up in case Tropical Storm Fay decided to come closer to us and when I got back it was gone

The search continues......
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill