Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: '69S #00025 - COA options?

'69S #00025 - COA options?

I received my COA on my early '69S and I have a couple of questions on a few of the listed options. The ladies at the COA don't seem to know the exact meaning of these (I have requested the factory option codes and hopefully they can email them to me. They are not allowed to list them on the printed COA document)...

1. 'Pepita' cloth inserts: Anyone have a photo of what this material is?
    2. 'reclining seats': I have never seen this listed as an option. I know on
    some of my 914-6's the 'airconditioning' option means center console/
    armrest.
    3. 'balance spring': Both Kristen and I are at a complete loss on this one

I am slowly restoring this car and want to make sure I get everything right. Thank you in advance for any and all help.

John

Pepita cloth is also known as houndstooth- does the car have this now?

No idea on reclining seats as that is standard on even the 912.

Balance spring might be an optional sway bar size?
    1968 911 #11830241
    Early S Registry #810
    R Gruppe #461

As mike says Pepita(German) is the famous houndstooth(English) and pied du poule(French) is the name for the black and white checkered fabric(also the brown/black/white and other color combo's)

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

I think the balance spring, if it is the same as in 356 world, would be this:

http://www.356registry.org/tech/camber_compensator.html

But I don't see how this could be fitted to a 911, so I am guessing it is just a rear sway bar.

Ron

houndstooth

Quote Originally Posted by JPlonghood
    I received my COA on my early '69S and I have a couple of questions on a few of the listed options. The ladies at the COA don't seem to know the exact meaning of these (I have requested the factory option codes and hopefully they can email them to me. They are not allowed to list them on the printed COA document)...

1. 'Pepita' cloth inserts: Anyone have a photo of what this material is?
    2. 'reclining seats': I have never seen this listed as an option. I know on
    some of my 914-6's the 'airconditioning' option means center console/
    armrest.
    3. 'balance spring': Both Kristen and I are at a complete loss on this one

I am slowly restoring this car and want to make sure I get everything right. Thank you in advance for any and all help.

John
    john,I do believe you have the oem houndstooth material

Hi John,

Try calling the CoA staff and ask them for the option code #s for your car. They gave me the codes for my Targa when I was going through the process of obtaining a CoA. This might help narrow the description down better.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Quote Originally Posted by fg1227
    john,I do believe you have the oem houndstooth material
    Now that I know what it is, yes I do, but we know it doesn't belong to me I will be in the market for some material. Where do you get yours, Frank?

Brian - I am hoping Kristen shares that info with me. Oh, I checked the gauges on the '72 and they were all dated 7/71.

isn't it yours

Now that I know what it is, yes I do, but we know it doesn't belong to me I will be in the market for some material. Where do you get yours, Frank?

Brian - I am hoping Kristen shares that info with me. Oh, I checked the gauges on the '72 and they were all dated 7/71.

didn't I give it to you to use for the '69 911S;I got it from rennman(don a.)

I talked with Kristen at Porsche today expecting to get the factory option codes for my car. Instead, I am at a dead end... maybe. She told me that the Kardex for my car does not have option codes, even though this coding was done for all 1969 cars. She thinks it is because the car was made in 1968. I tend to find this 'non-coding' a bit hard to believe as I had a 1969 T with chassis number #00012 (made in '68 too) and they had the option codes for it. Kristen has graciously offered to send me the german description for each option off the Kardex and I can have someone with more car and Porsche specific knowledge translate it for me. Anyone on this board up to translating it?

I talked with Kristen at Porsche today expecting to get the factory option codes for my car. Instead, I am at a dead end... maybe. She told me that the Kardex for my car does not have option codes, even though this coding was done for all 1969 cars. She thinks it is because the car was made in 1968. I tend to find this 'non-coding' a bit hard to believe as I had a 1969 T with chassis number #00012 (made in '68 too) and they had the option codes for it. Kristen has graciously offered to send me the german description for each option off the Kardex and I can have someone with more car and Porsche specific knowledge translate it for me. Anyone on this board up to translating it?
    Perfect- that's just what I was hoping to hear. Get the original German and we'll translate it for you.
    1968 911 #11830241
    Early S Registry #810
    R Gruppe #461