Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Origin of leather key pouch?

Origin of leather key pouch?

I've had this old black leather key pouch laying around for years, and have no idea what it's from. The inside lining is maroon and it's in decent condition, save for a small area where the leather is torn or the stitching has come undone (see picture). There's a small Porsche crest impression on one side. The leather is wrinkled but soft and not cracked. "Patina" I think is what they call it.

Anyone know what this is from, and what it's worth (if anything?)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

email sent to you
    356Robo
    64 C Coupe #218448(sold)
    70T Targa #9110110416(sold)

Robo -- I haven't received anything. Feel free to PM if you want.

Noah,

Check your pm. I'll take it.
    356Robo
    64 C Coupe #218448(sold)
    70T Targa #9110110416(sold)

Was that a classified ad?

For those of us who haven't yet begun speculating in key pouches, can someone answer the poster's original question as to what makes it special?

Is it 356?

Is it early 911?

Was it an ill-fated accessory made in a factory in England that burned to the ground after only 42 were produced?

Anyway Noah, perhaps a manicure is in order with the proceeds (think of it as a personal concours )
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

I had one, just like it with my 1977 924, sold it with the car.
    Rob Abbott

Quote Originally Posted by 304065
    Was that a classified ad?
    Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm about move to start grad school and am trying to simplify my life. This key pouch has been contributing to the clutter, so I figured a first step would be to find out what the heck it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 304065
    Anyway Noah, perhaps a manicure is in order with the proceeds
    1) What are you saying!?! 2) I happen to think that my fingernails set a high standard for cleanliness -- and perhaps elegance -- among those of us who do all our own wrenching. And finally 3) all proceeds from the offloading of key pouches of ambiguous provenance will be donated to the registrar's office.

The Porsche crest design on the keyholder is wrong.
    Ive seen keyholder pouches but their leather is not as soft as above item.
    Their Porsche crest is also more detailed too.
    check:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ight=pouch+key
    Registry member No.773

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971
    The Porsche crest design on the keyholder is wrong.
    Ive seen keyholder pouches but their leather is not as soft as above item.
    Their Porsche crest is also more detailed too.
    check:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ight=pouch+key
    Mine looks identical in every way to the pics of the one in the thread you linked from the guy who said it came with his 1971 911T, which he bought new. The crest impression, the maroon lining, the leather loop that the chain attaches to, etc. The only difference is in the patina of the leather.

Noah, so dont sell it cheap ! pretty rare item.
    Registry member No.773