Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Hunt for 901" by Kevin Gosselin

Wink "Hunt for 901" by Kevin Gosselin

This is a paperback novel on the quest to find the 901 Frankfurt-show prototype which went missing (with its driver) in 1963.

A couple of pages from the book were printed in the latest GT Porsche magazine in the UK and I quickly got hooked....

I ordered a copy on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Hunt-901-Kevin...9596072&sr=1-1

No relation, but keen to read something distracting to keep my mind away from the fact that Summer is almost over......

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Thumbs up

My apologies guys,

Kevin Gosselin emialed me this a little over 3 weeks ago. With Monterey, and everything else going on, I just didn't get around to posting it.....

No excuse, my fault.......

I was writing, after having a great conversation with Bob Fleming,
    about getting the information out to your community about my novel,
    HUNT FOR 901.

Obviously, I think that your members would find the book the
    enjoyable. It is a fictitious account of automotive archaeologist
    Faston Hanks trying to find one of the missing Porsche 901 prototypes.

Any mention of the book would be much appreciated as the promotional
    budget of a first time novelist is basically zero. We could send a
    review copy for the newsletter editor.

You can find out more about the book through my publisher,
    demontrevillepress.com
    Or, by visiting
    http://www.amazon.com/Hunt-901-Kevin...32X/ref=sr_1_1
    In a subsequent email Kevin explained a little more about the book, and it sounds fasinating and well worth the read...
    He also sounds like a straight up nice guy...

Sorry again to Kevin, and the board, for the late PR.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Hunt for 901

Read "Hunt for 901" when I first heard of this book, it is really a fun read.

Light and enjoyable with a ring of period information.

Let me know what you guys think?

(by the way according to Tobias Aichele the yellow car that was shown at frankfort in 1963 was a mock-up with a nonrunning engine, (and the coolest pea shooter exhaust) - but don't let that interfere with the story that Gosselin spins with the Frankfort car driving away to unknown places. His description of "Barbarossa" #7 (13 327) is spot on.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

+1

Kevin was in the Minneapolis-St.Paul signing books at the Velocity Automotive Art show. Real nice guy.

I haven't quite finished the book yet (Bob either got a head start on me, or he's a faster reader--actually, I'm just really slow). But it's a fun read and highly recommended.
    Roger
    68 Sand Beige 911 Coupe #11830091
    84 Moss Green 911 Carrera

I just ordered a copy today and looking forward to reading it.

Thanks for everyone who has said kind words, I do appreciate it. I think the book is a nice break from the "serious" histories of P-cars. Hopefully it will sell well enough so my publisher will let me write another.

I love Porsches. My first was a 1967 912, my second a 1969 911 both sadly sold. I went through three 951s Very fast and fun. Now I currently have a 99 Boxster(my everyday all weather car) and an 83 911SC with just 62k on the clock, chiffon with brown interior.

And if you like my writing, check out my blog, kevingosselin.blogspot.com where I have lots of P-car ramblings and an ongoing installment of classic collections you should buy instead of spending $30K on a new car.

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin, it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife today, and thanks for the book. It was quite unexpected and most welcome. It helped pass the time while i was waiting to meet with Jim, et al at Lime Rock today. I got thru a good 40 pages so far, and highly recommend it.
    You posted where people can buy it above i guess ... amazon, or direct from your publisher ...

All the best,

Karl.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

I finished reading "Hunt for 901" this morning...very entertaining.
    Rich
    1966 911 #303872
    ES#1197
    RG#478

I read it after the first post earlier. I enjoyed it. Would have preferred a Kindle version. Automotive literature is usually pretty tepid, this definitely raised the bar. I must say as a genre things are getting better. Burt Levy's books, Garth Stein's novel, Wilkinson's book, and now this.

Kevin - While I enjoyed it, I would recommend more editing, especially early on, where the credibility of the author is being developed. Not editing for content; just for punctuation, grammar, etc. Believe me, I'm not volunteering for the job as I am not well suited to it!

Wink Done with the Hunt

Finished the book and enjoyed the reading. Great fun and atmosphere, perhaps slightly too much food stuff?

In any case, thank you for the entertainment!

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com