Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1971 911e F/s Pnw

1971 911e F/s Pnw

Details: Rust Free, Non Sunroof, 71E For Sale.
    The color is Burgundy.. No dents, Very nice paint.. but does have some minor rock chips on the fenders.
    This is a very nice car that is Fast, Fun, and is on rails!!

All panels are very straight with no dents.. It was painted back in the early 90's and is still in awesome shape.. All trim and glass is in good shape also.. It comes with all Bosch euro blinker lenses that are old stock,, Not the ones you get from the dealer now!!.. Head lamps are European H1's in very good condition with French lenses.. All the rubber is in very good shape.. and has a Sigla windshield.

Interior: Light weight carpet kit copied from a Real RS LtWt.. Peter Z RSR seats, very comfortable and holds you in any circumstance you may get into!! Very nice gauges with a 911R 10K tach, the dash has two small cracks but is original and in decent shape..
    Perfect original white headliner..
    RS LtWt Door panels, MoMo prototippo old style steering wheel..

Engine specs: 2.7RS spec on weber carbs, E cams, RS ignition distributor, tensioner upgrade, SSI exhaust with factory muffler, new plug wires, plugs, cap&rotor,.. Has front mount oil cooler that makes a big difference!

The engine was rebuilt in 1995 by Jeff Gamroth (Rothsport) and has 38K on it.. It runs very smooth and very strong with about 220hp and the car weighs about 2100Lbs..

Gear Box: is a 901 that was rebuilt in 2006 by Gordon Leadbetter with special short gears (airport gears) and GT "Clutch type" LSD.. It shifts perfectly every time smooth with precision, and so much feed back! The short gears stick you right in the power-band perfectly every time and really makes this car complete!

Suspension: Torsion bars are 22mm front, and 27mm rear.. Bilstein Front struts with raised spindles and re-valved by Rothsport.. Rear has Bilstein Sport Shocks..
    Brakes are "S" calipers with slotted rotors front and back.. with under car brake cooling duct kit for the front. Turbo tie rods, Upper front stress bar..
    Front and Rear *SmartRacing* adjustable sway bars that makes the car come alive!!
    Wheels were restored by Harvey Weidman to the RSR finish: Front wheels are (Heart)Deep sixes running Bridgestone So3's 205/55/15,, Rear wheels are Real 911R "R7's" with 225/50/15 R1A's.. The spare wheel is a deep six with the original Michelin tire, it has the jack but the tool kit is missing in action..? The past three owners never had it..

additional info: Just completed valve adjustment, Oil Change only with Swepco Oil.. Engine and Gearbox, and tune up..

Check out the pics here.. http://www.pbase.com/iridium/inbox

Call me with any Q's at any time: 971-207-7039
    $36,500.. open to offers
    SOLD!!!!

Price?
    Phil

very, very nice.

how did you get that car to 2100lbs?
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

This car is familiar? Wasn't it for sale last year on craigslist? x rgruppe car I recall.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

1971E AKA the Weapon.. Thanx Earl

Quote Originally Posted by berettafan
    very, very nice.

how did you get that car to 2100lbs?
    ...I just drove it up to the DOT scale to be sure and yes it's 2100LB with 1/4 tank and yes with me out of it!.. maybe a hair lighter because i had the spare on board. Diet!
    Yes i am selling the car after a much needed winter refreshening.. and a much needed compete detail.
    I painted the hood/ft bumper, and the decklid.. New lettering.. added a low mile original muffler, H1 Lamps.. and the euro lenses.

Light,Nimble,Uncivilized
    Quote Originally Posted by pastel2020
    ...I painted the hood...
    Just curious, but was the hood painted flat black prior to you painting it?
    Marc
    '69 Coupe in Pastel Blau
    R#464
    S#1390

Scope Creep Poster Child
    This was Earl Greene's car, right? Nice car.
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

Yes, I had a black hood on it,, this hood was stripped down to bare metal.. as was the bumper and decklid!
    Yes, I did buy this car from Earl two years ago.. and thank you very much for the complement...

No offers?

This car rocks!!!

Not posting much these days, but.....

I felt it was important to mention my .02 on this car. I had the opportunity (misfortune? ) to try to catch this car in my own RGruppe 67s during Earl's visit to my campout a couple of years ago.

The car is a completely turn key subtely modified performance oriented car. Knowing the work this car has had done to it, and the people involved in the work I would have no hesitation in driving this car cross country.

It has a great stance, and it's cosmetically gorgeous in person, even better than the pics.

Guys, you couldn't even come close to duplicating this car for the asking price, and it was a very good car to start with...not a rust bucket that was resurrected. Has anyone priced a Gamroth motor and a Leadbetter gearbox lately,...????

I know this car recently had a service done on it, and the leakdown was somewhere around 2% (really...), and 175 compression all across.

He who hesitates....

regards,
    Eric

Part of the difficulty in catching this car was the old owner/driver. SKILLZ!!!

This car is one of the best, although its soul may always be attached to the Rgrupper that built it. That said, none finer. It also provides an ideal basis upon which to inbue your own bit of soul.

I wish I had the free scratch or a car ready enough to sell to fund it. This is a great car to drive.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389