Thread: Whose car is this?

Whose car is this?

Anyone recognize this little guy? I shot him in the paddock at Monterey - Friday, I think... could have been Thursday, I don't remember

Anyway, whether it's real or an excellent work-up really is beside the point: It was a VERY NICE specimen! My kinda ride! The car presented itself very well...

Enjoy the shots
    R/Thom
    Attached Images Attached Images  

another shot...

der backside...

Interior look...

You suppose these are "real" lollipop seats? (I know absolutely nothing about them...)

another interior shot...

I like this dash layout...I'd feel right at home here

Hi Thom,

Yes it is the real deal, '73 RSR #1054. It was in the same area as Jim Edward's 935 and 3.0L RSRs. I saw this car driving the public roads outside the track and around Monterey and of course out on the track too.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Hey, Brian...

Long time since we've spoken...I met you up @ the track one year. I remember, You're one of McIntyre's pals...Speaking of Tom, I heard a couple of GREAT stories about him and that '68 Sunoco car...good stuff.

Anyway - I wanted to ask: is Jim Edwards the guy that owns the white/Gold ISMA RSR? Runs with John Byrne (Jagermeister RSR #54) a lot? I saw John and spoke with him & his wife for awhile, but didn't see Jim anywhere...then again, I wasn't in the paddock a whole lot (except to sleep in my trailer). I was doing vendor duty this year out in the vendor village.

You might ask: just WHY did I have a trailer in the paddock if I wasn't "there"?
    Well, this year Bryan and I brought up this '63 vette for Dick Guldstrand to drive...damn injector broke so we wound up with a dnf...

Guldstrand had an absolute ball! and seeing that he's 81, that's all that matters...this car is a painstakingly EXACT work-up of the '63 car Dick ran for about 4 months before completely destroying it at Riverside during the '63 season. Dick hadn't seen the finished car before this weekend, and he was beyond impressed with just how accurate it is. The only thing different is the rollbar, as the original one tried real hard to kill him (it was too low).

Here's a shot of the car on the grid. Is that a game face or what? That's Bryan Hill standing next to him. Bryan's the same guy I bring up (in my race rig) every year. He usually packs a beautiful, orange '56 Fuelie solid-axle vette to run - Anyone's who's been to Monterey in the past 24 years has seen that car. He's a real fixture.

r/Thom

I talked with the guy that owned the car at Rennsport III.......love it!
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

Nice to see Dick still gets behind the wheel. He's a true gentleman and a great racer with some great stories.
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

Here is Jim Edwards RSR. I had the pleasure of hanging out with him at Rennsport.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST