Thread: WTB: 18mm sway bars

WTB: 18mm sway bars

Hi guys,
    I want to buy 18mm factory front and rear sway bars for my 67S. Does anybody out there have any to sell? Please email me direct at jjmohler@msn.com
    Thanks
    John

Hey John . . . what's the diff between sway bars for a SWB vs LWB 911?
    Tom Ching
    69E Burgundy

18 mm sways

Tom,
    I think that they are interchangable, at least inthe front. Might need to adapt in the rear. Do you have any to sell? Thanks for the reply.
    John

Nope don't have any to sell, but like you I was searching for 18mm bars too. I found an 18mm rear bar that came from a 74 911 (Carrera) . . . and it bolted into my 69E very nicely with new 18mm bushings in the factory mounts. As for the front, since 18mm fromt bars are as rare as "cool collars" (joke for anyone that knows what they are), I've been blessed with the knowledge that 19mm weltmisters are basically identical to the factory bars and will bolt into the car usings all factory arms, droplinks, etc. The only modification required is boring out the bushings to accept the 19mm bar. Or I suppose you could buy the 19mm weltmisters bushings. This is the likely solution for me and hopefully I'll find a front bar at the GAF Swap Meet this weekend.

Best of luck with your setup . . . and I hope you find the bars your looking for.
    Tom Ching
    69E Burgundy

The factory 18mm bar is the one from the 76 930 turbo. You also need the arms that go with it because they are larger and reinforced. There's a thread with pictures about it.
    72S, 72T now ST

sways

Thanks for the info guys.
    John