Thread: WTB: Dashboard for 72-73 911

WTB: Dashboard for 72-73 911

Any leads on a used (no crack) or NOS dashpad for a early 911?
    Thanks

Hi,

I may have a lead on some new ones but I am not sure what to offer, but I know they will not be cheap. I am looking for NOS or perfect RHD versions, and found this potential lead for LHD.

Alan

PS. this was for the correct early removable speaker grill 69-73, and not the later Porsche produced single piece dash tops.

Dash pad

Alan,

I have tried an original replacement one purchased from Porsche in 1999 and one I recently purchased 2008 with poor results.
    So I'm not too confident that Porsche has, nor can rectify this issue.
    Let me know if you source a good one. Really need a perfect one as it's going on a real nice 73 RS.
    Regards,

AJ

Hi AJ,

The new ones you bought from Porsche were they the type with a none removable speaker grill? If so, these are not a direct fit (or at least the 4 I have fitted didn't). They required new holes for the fixing studs. I have some pics of this if it helps.

I will ask some more questions RE the ones I heard about.

Thanks

Alan

Alan,

They were the type with the removable grill.
    Appreciate any news, will keep searching.
    Regards,
    AJ

Dash

Quote Originally Posted by Alan.uk
    Hi AJ,

The new ones you bought from Porsche were they the type with a none removable speaker grill? If so, these are not a direct fit (or at least the 4 I have fitted didn't). They required new holes for the fixing studs. I have some pics of this if it helps.

I will ask some more questions RE the ones I heard about.

Thanks

Alan
    Alan,

I have the same dash (non-removable speaker grill) that I want to put in a 72. This was bought new from Porsche in the late 90's and I want to know what complications I may face. Could you please email me the pictures you are referring to - obrimberry at hunterbane dot com
    Olin - Member #1375
    ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░
    1972 911T

Original
    -117 Light Yellow -15x6 Fuchs (9120/M400) -S Appearance (M470) -5 Speed Transmission (9590)

Options added
    -Houndstooth Sport Seats (M409) -Rear sway bar (9228)
    -H4's -BTB Fog Lts (M429) -Amber TTG Driving Lts (9420/M432)
    -380mm Steering Wheel -Becker Mexico -Roof Mounted Luggage/Ski Rack (9503)
    -A/C (M559) -Rear Fog Lt (M571) -Rear Wiper (9290) -Wheel Trim (M426) -Footrest (9563)

AJ-

The factory NOS one will fit "OK", we just did one. You need to enlarge the mounting holes in the steel dash a bit. Maybe a little heat and some cursing as to why the $1000 piece doesn't fit correctly and you're done !

Helps to have the windshield out....

Steve