Thread: WTB: 1 or 2 Hella 128 'V' shaped lens

WTB: 1 or 2 Hella 128 'V' shaped lens

I am looking for either a single or pair of nice condition clear Hella 128 'V' shaped lenses. Thanks for your help.

Are these reproduction lens? I notice the tabs on the lower part of the lens that I don't see on older, used lenses. TIA

Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

I have never seen those tabs and have have had many 128 lenses

these V lenses should only be used with the round bulbs ,
    if you use the quartz bulbs they are designed for the lenses with the horizanal line pattern.

Thanks for the info.

Here is the light that needs a new lens. The one on the other side is a V shaped lens.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Why are you leaving Hella 128's on that car???? 65 to 68 only.... Notice the bracket right behind the light?

E

Hi Eric,

Good question. My thought is that since I don't have the matching color covers to go back in the bumper I would try to find a correct lens to make these lights look more presentable until I work that out. What is the significance of the brackets behind the light? Once I have a set of covers I will remove the lights and find a good home for them on someone's SWB car. Looks like I will have to have some license plate frame holes filled too at the same time.

Do you need a set of these lights for any of your SWB cars? If so we can work this out.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

hella lens

I think those tabs are some kind of holder to prop the lenses up for photo. These lenses are available new for around $100 a pair, Hella brand. Yellow a little more. Try Retro Motor Works or Lunarlights on E-bay [currently $44 at Retro ]

hella lens

Where are the lenses available from?

Thanks,
    Steve

Brian,

I have an extra V lense I can give you. I will put it in with your wheels.

Perfect.

Thanks very much John.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Brian,

I'm complete on Hella's right now, but thanks for the offer! See you in SLO.

E