Thread: Unhappy with Drivewire.com!?

Unhappy with Drivewire.com!?

Just had a bad blow out with Drivewire.com
    After getting the wrong size brake caliper from them exchanged for the wrong size axles (over a period of 4 months) I got only $500 of the $607 I spent. The called it a restocking fee, even though they screwed up the process the whole way. Quite the stonewall.
    None of the PN#'s I purchased, and they list, are compatible with S Models. They say it's the right part for that era 911. The axles were an 1/8th of an inch too long, and the CV joints were too narrow to fit. the brake caliper mountings were off by a half an inch or so. They swore up and down that all the parts were interchangeable through the 911 line, and that isn't the case. These people don't do their homework, only read computer screens and rely on Afe, Loebro, and the like to be accurate while swearing up and down that they are correct in their parts distribution.
    These people are incompetent, and they are thieves. Watch your back when dealing with them. I think I'll be taking my business to Pelican Parts from now on.
    I though I would pass on my 4 month $107 dollar experience for your enetertainment and future purchase experience.
    Scott

Charge Back

A charge-back on your credit card is the great equalizer.
    J-P
    S Registry #949

Not to have a total lack of saavy, but what is a charge back? If you authorize the purchase, aren't you stuck with it. Caveat emptor and the like?

I thought all you could do was jump up and down and scream, go up the chain of command at the company, and if all else fails, vent your horrible experience to anyone that would listen.

Thanks,
    Scott

If you used a credit (and not a debit) card, inquire with the bank that issued the card about disputing the charge. I had to do this after renting a motor home for which I was charged an unjustified $500 cleaning fee after the fact. I disputed the charge by writing up why it was improper, my bank credited my account, and the motor home rental place did not get their extra $500.
    Brad Larson
    67 Soft Window S - Polo Red
    00 Boxster S - Speed Yellow

Good to know, I will use the credit card in the future, when dealing with Pelican Parts. They have been great to date. To be fair, Drivewire was good 80% of the time, until they fell flat on their face with the way they handled this transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by NV Stig
    Good to know, I will use the credit card in the future, when dealing with Pelican Parts. They have been great to date. To be fair, Drivewire was good 80% of the time, until they fell flat on their face with the way they handled this transaction.
    I believe the vender cannot be too close to home also!

So. Cal, about 450 miles away. Frustrating. I think it's lesson learned, lesson passed on at this point.

In the same vein, Amex always sides with the customer, Visa and MC not as much.