Thread: who has driven on Dunlop M or Mich TB?...

who has driven on Dunlop M or Mich TB?...

both vintage style road/race tires

....we need some seat of the pants reviews.....darty?.....hunt alot toward crowns in road.......noisy...wet traction etc.....

tia!!!

I run the Michelin TB on my "79 930/DP935. 215's on the front and 295's on the rear. Dry traction is great, the wet is o.k. In a heavy down pour doing 55 m.p.h. I could feel the front hydroplaning. The tires track fine with no darting. The motor & trans pretty much drown out any road noise. These tires have taken a pretty good price jump since I bought mine a few years ago. I think they're in the $500 ea. range through Coker Tire.
    Harold #334
    Attached Images Attached Images  

tires

thank you thank you..is that TB 5 or 15's......

I believe the 5's are more for dry roads.......as the outer parts are slick?....

TB15's.
    Harold #334

The TB15s are the harder compound, probably what you want for street use. Coker has figured out guys will pay up for Michelins, and have cornered the US vintage market. $407 for XWXs!
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964

I was considering a couple options from Coker, but price has put me off. I need taller, narrower tires for my '67, and Universal Tire has Vredestein 155 x15 and 175/70 x15's for $84 and $135, respectively.
    Brad Larson
    67 Soft Window S - Polo Red
    00 Boxster S - Speed Yellow

Similar Threads

1. Porsche Classic on Driven
    By StephenAcworth in forum General Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-12-2014, 08:27 AM
  2. WTB: Dunlop SP-57 Tires
    By DynoDave in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2013, 04:47 PM