Thread: WTB: New or Used "Pea Shooter" Sport Muffler for 1972 911T

Talking WTB: New or Used "Pea Shooter" Sport Muffler for 1972 911T

Hello! I'm looking for a new or used (but not damaged or rusted) dual in dual out sport muffler for my 1972 911T with SSI heat exchangers. Specifically, I'd like the "pea shooter" type with the two pipes coming from the center of the muffler. Does anyone out there have one to sell or know where I could buy one? Thanks!!!

-Jim

'72 911T
    '02 B5 S4 (RS4 Clone)
    '12 997.2 Turbo Manual
    '19 B9 RS5 (Daily)

I bought a new stainless Dansk sport muffler. Thanks.

MKs have annoying resonance; I don't like them.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Where'd you source it? Curious what best price out there is these days. Giving consideration to doing the welding thing on my std. muffler but i'm worried that the metal might be a bit thin in some areas and prove difficult to weld.
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

Hi
    Your welcome to check out our mufflers, which we convert from a brand new danks.

We have sold a few of this mufflers to rgruppe members and all have been very happy with the sound, it comes with 3 stainless caps this way you can decide on the sound of the muffler you want to drive it in...

We do have 1 muffler in stock and ready for shipping...

thanks

http://sycipworks.tripod.com/
    Early Porsche Reproduction Parts
    http://sycipworks.tripod.com/

Were it in the budget you can bet i'd already have ordered it

Absolutely LOVE the sound of your car. Add in that color and the lights....just perfect.
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

The Dansk mufflers that are stainless don't have stainless guts from what I've heard at the local Porsche shop. That said, if you are doing one the old fashioned way I'd be interested. The Dansk Sport Muffler that is sold has an atrocious sound. It's just nasty loud.

Erik: If you remember what Vic Rolas' car sounded like that's the proper tone for a sport muffler. He did his himself based on the old method that was used "back in the day". Late 70's.
    The job can be seen a couple of places but was originally published in the Upfixin' Der Porsche books. I believe you can get the information on-line at the PCA website.

I'd buy one in a N.Y. minute if it's done right. If the Sycip's are involved I'm not too worried about Q.C. issues. I only want a two in/two out. Plug the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhprc...eature=related

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Vic's car (along with that red RS rep) is why i'm on the hunt for a std. muffler to convert. really great sound from that thing.

I believe Cam has a youtube video of 'peaches' with one of Sycips mufflers on it as well.
    Erik

Early S # 1107