Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for photos of 70-71 beige interiors

Looking for photos of 70-71 beige interiors

It seems that my Albert blue car came with a beige interior, which has become a black interior over the years. I would like to see what parts of the interior were beige, and what color carpet would have been typical with this option. Can anyone share photos of an original beige 1970 or 1971 car?

Thanks in advance.

Tom
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

from 1971 factory brochure

Tom, from a 1971 brochure, nice beige interior with sport seats:

Attachment 51347

Hope it helps.

Andrea
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

Looking for photos of 70-71 beige interiors

Tom, I have a 71 T Targa with beige interior. The carpet had been replaced prior to my ownership, but everything else is correct. If you need more pictures I can shoot and send to you directly, since I have yet to master getting pictures on these sites with any degree of certainty!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

One reason for my question is that my car has the common gray wool carpet from the era, but some of the pieces are perlon, and some are obviously later replacement pieces. Some pieces are bound with cloth, some with vinyl.

I would like to determine what the original carpet color and material would have been with the "31" interior color code. Porsche only says that this is "beige vinyl with basket weave inserts," which is helpful, but doesn't answer the carpet question.

Did beige upholstery ever come with gray carpet? The combination doesn't look right, to me. What option code signifies the wool carpet in a T? (Standard was perlon, and my sample book shows both beige and grey perlon.)

In case it helps, here is the remaining information as sent to me from Porsche:

"the car was delivered to Philadelphia 01.Sep.``71 / Color 1818=albertblue / Interior 31=leatherette beige,middle of seats basketweave / Options 470=Comfortequipment , 490=manual antenna left,shielding , 559=cooling system , 976=chrome wheels steel 5,5x15"

I believe that the "cooling system" is the factory A/C that my car still has pieces of. How about the cryptic sounding "comfortequipment?" That sounds like wool carpet, S instruments and S exterior trim, to me. How about tinted glass, which the car has, too?

Wish I had the 5.5x15 chrome steel wheels!
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

'72 T

Here's An Original Interior For '72t;maybe This Helps

A very original 71'

Robert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Robert D. Groß

Wow! That is really nice. Thank you, Robert. Any chance that you have a photo of the rear seat area?
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

It appears that there were two light brown interior colors in the 69-71 time frame, a beige as in the photo by Robert, and a darker tan, or cork, color. My car had color code 31=beige, according to Porsche. Probably, this is the same as in Robert's photo. The factory sample book that I have shows both shades of light brown, but doesn't say which one is '31.'

I believe that the colors changed in 1972, as shown in Frank's photo.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

Tom,

I believe that I own the sport seats that were in the Ivory car that Robert posted a picture of.

Perhaps Robert can confirm?

Anyway, they are sitting on a shelf at this time....perhaps we should talk.

Eric

beige interior

Here is a photo of a beige interior from a 69 912 I used to own. This is original to my knowledge. I hope this helps.

David