Thread: 911 clutch adjustment

Question 911 clutch adjustment

So I had the pedal cluster rebushed and now the clutch engages very low. I have to push the pedal all the way down to the board stop which I don't think totally disengaes the clutch. This is further down than it was before the rebush. I'm thinking that when the clutch cable was reattached to the pedal, the cable wasn't set back the same. I plan on adjusting it in the AM, but am not sure wether to loosen cable end counter clockwise or tighten clockwise. This is a 911 trans. 70-71 model year.
    Joe

--------
    '69 E Targa "Roxie"
    Early S #937

Scope Creep Poster Child
    To get the clutch to further disengage, tighten the yoke on the cable. Move the yoke towards the back of the car. What's your free pedal? Spec is 20-25mm. The yoke adjustment spec is 17-22mm from the end of the threaded part of the cable to the far side of the yoke lock nut.
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

Joe, the service manual has detailed instructions for the 911 type trans. If you need them, let me know, and I will get them scanned to you in the next day or two. Tom
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

Yeah I have the maintenance manual too, but it doesn't tell you which way to screw cable. I looked in the tunnel and then took Scotts advise. A couple turns clockwise and I now get full clutch disengagement just off the bottom of the stop.

Thanx !
    Joe

--------
    '69 E Targa "Roxie"
    Early S #937

Similar Threads

1. adjustment on 915 trans
    By ferry58 in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2011, 06:37 PM
  2. H1 Adjustment/Aiming Help
    By t6dpilot in forum Technical Info