Thread: Early car factory Leather interiors

Early car factory Leather interiors

Original post......
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 04-09-2014 at 09:41 AM.

famous car

those are 67-68 sport seats, certainly done in leather.
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Quote Originally Posted by curtisaa
    those are 67-68 sport seats, certainly done in leather.
    And the hardware is correct....

What hardware do you think is incorrect??

E

Mine came with a full leather interior.

Seats, front (with hounds tooth inserts) and back, rear parcel shelf (very surprising) with round perforations for speakers, backer to the rear seats, front door panels, rear seat panels, seat belt covers. Leather dash panel (the strip which runs from door to door below the steering wheel), and of course the steering wheel rap.

Since my interior has been rather pared down for weight savings, pics would not be representative.

Edit: Forgot the leather straps with the snaps which retain the rear seat backs in the 'up' position.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Mr Linden

Quote Originally Posted by RickS
    Mine came with a full leather interior.

Seats, front (with hounds tooth inserts) and back, rear parcel shelf (very surprising) with round perforations for speakers, backer to the rear seats, front door panels, rear seat panels, seat belt covers. Leather dash panel (the strip which runs from door to door below the steering wheel), and of course the steering wheel rap.

Since my interior has been rather pared down for weight savings, pics would not be representative.
    Well, since I've had a few sets. The 2 screws on the top could be correct if they're phillips. the bottom screws are incorrect. The bases do NOT appear to be correct from the photos, but a close inspection could reveal different. The bases don't appear to be tilts, but then again I would need sufficient photos to make that determination. Seat belts seem Ok , if they anchor from the rear. the "tell-tale" is the narrow back only found on early sport seats.
    Whatta think Senior Linden ?
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

The tip brackets look correct from this shot, but I've also seen other shots of these seats, so I know they are correct tip brackets.

The top screws are slotted, which are correct for a 67 sport seat.....the bottom screws appear to be slotted as well, and they don't reflect due to the carpet shadow(?!).

my .02.

e

I owned a 72S ex factory VIP car that had all of RicksS treatment in leather plus the A pillar and B pillar and the dash board. The seam on the dash was very similar to how Tony at Autobahn does his. SS

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik
    The top screws are slotted, which are correct for a 67 sport seat.....the bottom screws appear to be slotted as well, and they don't reflect due to the carpet shadow.
    My pair 67's all are slotted.
    Early 911S member #166

I have no problem with the theory that all men are created equal.
    But after that moment you are on your own and nobody owes you a damn thing.

I owned the Jennings 67S for a while. The interior was 100% original. The recliners had slotted screws which were correct too. The seat surfaces were leather from the best that I could tell but was not listed on the Certificate. From what I know nothing other than the seats or steering wheel were availible in leather.

Don

Restoration newbie.
    I have 67S with "black leather" option. Would this include
    leather shift boot and handbrake boot? It has both but they
    might have been added later.

andy
    67S in pieces
    EarlyS: 1358
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]