Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 911e

911e

Does anyone have an opinion on this car. I really like the colour.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...=p4506.c0.m245

in the market for a 997
    Opinion...

Mine is that this looks like a very nice car.

I particularly like '71 because of the old school styling cues such as chrome trim, and the round side mirror (which this car should have, but doesn't), yet they have the larger displacement motor, and longer wheel base.

Of course the Es are known for making good power, and for this year in particular have improved drivability over an S.

This car looks very original, which is reassuring. Original steering wheel, radio, uncut door panels with decent pockets, and original tool kit are a rare bonus. Although, this car should have a silver engine grille. The Es did originally come with the 14" wheels which this car still wears. And, the low front ride height would make one suspicious that this car may still have the original notorious hydro front suspension.

The engine compartment looks clean and the dealer installed air conditioning is ghastly. Shouldn't be too hard to find some decent original seats or repro sport seats to replace those old Recaros with. The green color is awesome. And, originally the World Champion sticker would have been on the right lower corner of the front windshield for this model year.

Overall, I like it!

Sleeper?

It is a no reserve auction.That makes it worth keeping an eye on in this economic enviroment.I agree with the previous post.Get a PPI,first,if interested.A low mileage "E" in the 20`s would be a great buy,if all else is up to speed.Irish green is a great color too. Tom
    Member:S Registry #864

Smile sure looks nice!

this car was on Ebay a few weeks ago with the same no reserve starting price of $20K. Only one bidder at the close of the auction.
    So makes you wonder what happened? buyer flaked? buyer failed to come up with funds? buyer didnt like what he saw up close? It's certainly worth finding out!
    A PPI is highly recommended regardless.
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

This car is about 1.5 hours away. I am tempted to make the trip. I really don't need another E. I saw it on ebay before, also. I wonder.
    David

911 S Registry # 1054
    1970 911 E Coupe Signal Orange (#1414)
    1979 BMW 320i
    2001 Boxster S
    2003 Audi Allroad 2.7T Tiptronic
    2014 Jetta Sportwagon TDI DSG ( sold back to Volkswagen)
    2015 Allroad 2.0 TFSI

Square mirror was a mid-year change during the MY71 production. So, this is probably the original style mirror on this car.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Tom F. View Post
    Square mirror was a mid-year change during the MY71 production. So, this is probably the original style mirror on this car.
    What about the black engine grill? Didn't that come a year or two later?
    David

911 S Registry # 1054
    1970 911 E Coupe Signal Orange (#1414)
    1979 BMW 320i
    2001 Boxster S
    2003 Audi Allroad 2.7T Tiptronic
    2014 Jetta Sportwagon TDI DSG ( sold back to Volkswagen)
    2015 Allroad 2.0 TFSI

rear grill

The ad says it was involved in an accident.The rear deck lid may have been tweeked as a result and replaced.It is incorrect. Tom
    Member:S Registry #864

Thanks for all the feedback. I am trying to get to chat to the seller at the moment.

It's a nice looking car but it lacks images of the undercarriage, floor pans, etc.. I would definitely get a PPI on it.