Thread: Unusual metal rear bumper for RS flares

Unusual metal rear bumper for RS flares

I have seen a couple of these before but don't know their history; that is, if it is a factory item or something that has been fabricated. Looks to be made from 2 inverted '72/73 S front bumpers welded in the middle. I purchased it a while ago for a project that didn't happen. I wasn't cheap - just look at what one metal S bumper goes for. Complete w/ rubber bumper trim and chrome wheel opening moldings. $1,500.00 or reasonable offer. Shipping would prob. be best via Grayhound and the shipping cost is not included. Located near Daytona Beach, FL. Please email to: jpnorthwood@aol.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

VERY weird and cool.

Einmalig in Huntington Beach sold one of these for big bucks. ($2,500 I think)

Chuck
    (Dues paying member)

bumper

RS Lightweight rear bumpers are fiberglass one piece with molded in bumperetts and a one piece opening for the exhaust. The factory parts come with the steel brackets attached to the fiberglass. A RS touring uses the same bumper system as the street 911 except the tips are flared out some.

Quote Originally Posted by mike curnow View Post
    RS Lightweight rear bumpers are fiberglass one piece with molded in bumperetts and a one piece opening for the exhaust. The factory parts come with the steel brackets attached to the fiberglass. A RS touring uses the same bumper system as the street 911 except the tips are flared out some.
    What are you implying or trying to point out? This thing is metal and definately NOT light weight.

Quote Originally Posted by mike curnow View Post
    Thanks for you're input on RS cars of which we are all very familiar.
    John never stated it was for an RS Lightweight or Touring car for that matter. It is a custom piece for sure and who knows where it came from? I think it would be perfect for a one-off RS flared Rgruppe type car.
    People pay up for this kind of stuff and I'd be interested if I had a car to use it on because the work involved would be far more expensive than buying it as it sits. Sort of looks like a Carrera 2 bumper valence and that WAS a neat look. Cheap thrills.

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

bumper

[QUOTE=JPlonghood;179753]What are you implying or trying to point out? This thing is metal and definately NOT light weight.[/QUOT

You say it fits RS flairs and you do not know if it is a factory or a made up piece. I am giving information out for those that may not know what the two different type RS bumpers are composed of.

Open to offers or trades.