Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: interior pic request of SWB ('68) w/ driver sport seat & pass. stock seat

interior pic request of SWB ('68) w/ driver sport seat & pass. stock seat

Can someone provide an interior picture of a driver sport seat and a stock passenger seat in a SWB car, preferably '68 (w/ headrests)? Trying to determine if I like the look--my stock driver seat is shot, I think. Also, if anyone wants to tempt me w/ a '68 sport seat (w/ headrest) for sale (w/ appropriate base) please PM me. TIA.
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

Sporty with Comfort

Here you go. We saw this one at Frank's Picnic last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

Here you go-
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    1968 911 #11830241
    Early S Registry #810
    R Gruppe #461

Thanks, Flunder & Mike.
    Mike, that look sporty and comfy.
    I guess it didn't take too much to convince me that that's the way for me to go.
    Now to find the seat...
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

All due respect...

None of the pics are 68' sport seats. Real 68' sport seats had NO head rests'. Ask Eade H., he just purchased a "real" set of 68' sport seats. You can also ask "swbsam". Real 68" sport seats look exactly like 67' sport w/o headrests'.
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Quote Originally Posted by curtisaa View Post
    None of the pics are 68' sport seats. Real 68' sport seats had NO head rests'. Ask Eade H., he just purchased a "real" set of 68' sport seats. You can also ask "swbsam". Real 68" sport seats look exactly like 67' sport w/o headrests'.
    I thought the '68 sport seats were the only year with the adjuster handle through the bottom part of the seat and the headrest. That's the situation with my seat. According to "swbsam" photos and description on this post, the headrest is correct.
    1968 911 #11830241
    Early S Registry #810
    R Gruppe #461

Quote Originally Posted by 72tii View Post
    I thought the '68 sport seats were the only year with the adjuster handle through the bottom part of the seat and the headrest. That's the situation with my seat. According to "swbsam" photos and description on this post, the headrest is correct.
    68 was a real bastard year of mixing parts but I'm gonna side with Mike on this one.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

perforated bolsters

Quote Originally Posted by curtisaa View Post
    None of the pics are 68' sport seats. Real 68' sport seats had NO head rests'.
    Are'nt the sport seat's w perforated leather for side bolsters ?
    Above pic looks like a flat 72/73 leather material to me- but maybe I'm wrong on this.

Registry member No.773

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    Are'nt the sport seat's w perforated leather for side bolsters ?
    Above pic looks like a flat 72/73 leather material to me- but maybe I'm wrong on this.

I had the seat recovered in smooth leather because I just liked it better. I'm not sure if the '68 seats had the perforations, but this seat pictured obviously does. My seat needed to be recovered when I bought it and had smooth vinyl on the bolsters and basketweave centers, but could have been redone before.
    1968 911 #11830241
    Early S Registry #810
    R Gruppe #461

I have an recaro sport seat from that period, pm me if you're interested. It's in original, unrestored condition, with headrest, w/o sliders and brackets.