Thread: Need input on an 'E' Targa

Need input on an 'E' Targa

Hi.

Today I looked at an early 'E' targa. Having been burned once before on another early Targa, I got seriously into the car. Needless to say that it passed with great marks for a better than average driver, right down to the paint. This is a clean car by anyone's definition.

I don't want to give too much away, since the car is not on the market yet and competition is light right now. I read the board every day and know what's happening in the economy. I just want to feel comfortable that I can't get hurt in this deal if I need to sell for some unforeseen reason. Where's the market? (No sport seats, engine resealed recently, MFI intact and running sweetly, Fuchs, good door pockets, beautiful right up close and personal)

Thanks in advance,

-Mike

What year E? I thought you bought a backdate already?

Ron

I did buy a backdate Ron, but like your LandRovers, I guess one Porsche just isn't enough.

1970 Targa E, great color, my guess is I could negotiate it to $28k.

Has anyone bought or sold an E Targa lately who could chime in on price for a nice clean example?

Thanks,

-Mike

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...=p4506.c0.m245

While it's not a targa you can base your pricing on it's shape.

There was also this 69 E targa, but it's a roller...figure at least tripple that for a running car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...=p4506.c0.m245

I bought a 69 E Targa 3 months ago and have watched prices before and after the purchase. They have ranged from low 20's to low 30's.

If you like the car and the mechanicals check out, buy it and enjoy driving it.