Thread: 902/01 special trannie FS

902/01 special trannie FS

I have a 65-69 901 trannie (type 902/01) which at some point in its life was converted by JPR Enterprises (stamped on the bellhousing centerline)to run an auxillary oil cooler. The cooled oil is redistributed into the trannie using three seperate spray bars. What is for sale is the trannie (AFMSX presumably as it has not been opened) the seperate oil cooler, the aux pump and all the associated aeroquip lines and fittings. The trannie looks tight, and the conversion looks very professional. If you are concerned about your street trannie running hot, or need a backup for your racecar, this could be for you. $1500 obo...plus shipping. Pm me for pictures.

Speedo

Why wouldn't you use something this cool on your R clone?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Why wouldn't you use something this cool on your R clone?

Good question...I was going to, and decided that for a driver vs a racecar, this was a little over the top. In addition, I have just put together a good box for the R with a slightly taller 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by speedo View Post
    Good question...I was going to, and decided that for a driver vs a racecar, this was a little over the top. In addition, I have just put together a good box for the R with a slightly taller 5th.
    Which ratios did you end up using?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Bump and update

As I took pictures of the trannie and components that go with it...aeroquip lines and fittings, the auxillary pump, the cooler which incidently has a bracket that mounts it to the two bolts on the bottom of the pulley housing cover on the lower rear of your engine...I noticed something peculiar. The differential must be welded as the stub axles turn the same way.This was obviously a race built trannie for a specific purpose...hillclimb maybe? As the future owner of the trannie may not want a fixed rear axle...I will include with the sale an additional standard differential...so the owner has a choice.
    Pics are available , send me your email.

Lars

902/01 trannie

Lars ,I have some interest in your tran,if still available please forward any
    pics and info( specs) etc...thanks Bert ecrobinson1726@msn.com

trannie

Bert,
    Pics sent as requested.

Lars

trannie ...SOLD

Thanks for the interest