Thread: 1973 Porsche 911 E 44k orig. miles $95k spent on resto..

1973 Porsche 911 E 44k orig. miles $95k spent on resto..

Ok...most of you on this board have seen this car and know its owner. I have tried countless times to have him not sell it. Unfortunately, he is already onto other projects and he just can't keep this car. Since the last time we listed it, many of the small ticky tacky items were fixed: correct speaker grill on dash, correct hood badge, removal of passenger side mirror, complete overhall of A/C system...basically, another $8-9k was spent on it. He really thought his wife would drive it to the R Gruppe events. So, I was shocked when he asked me to sell it FOR SURE this time. He is letting it go at a bargain of a price too! For those of you who have seen this car, please add your comments. It really is a great car. If I wasn't going through a divorce right now, I would keep it for myself! For the complete background on this car, please do not hesitate to call me.

Thanks.

Paul
    714-335-4911

1973 Porsche 911 E

Numbers Matching
    VIN # 9113200931
    ENG# 6231468
    44,200 Original Miles
    Gemini Metallic Blue on Black
    5-speed 915 gearbox
    Clean California title
    Zero Rust
    Complete Restoration

Offered at $64,990

This car is AMAZING. It is probably one of, if not the cleanest and best example of a low mileage 911E in existence. This car just went through an extensive cosmetic restoration. Over $35,000 was spent on the paint/body and interior alone. The car was stripped down to the bare metal and any rust was addressed. The body panel fit is incredible and the color is truly stunning. Even the underside was completely redone to the correct factory finish.

After all the money was spent, I talked the owner into keeping the car for a few years and enjoying it. Unfortunately, he has so many projects and so little space that he has to let this car go. But, before doing this, he spent another $5,500 having the entire A/C system rebuilt and replaced. Further changes were completing the NOS dash with the correct speaker grill and locating an original ’73 hood crest badge with the correct orange stripes. This is not one of those reproductions, but an original one that cost big money. The nice patina on it fits the car absolutely perfectly and gives it a very authentic look. Also, brand new carpet in the hood area was installed. Original factory carpet was used and not the reproduction stuff. The details on this car are fantastsic!

The owner is now spent $45k in the last 12 months on this car! This is not just another nice driver. This is a low-mileage full concours car. It is highly unlikely there is another E or S on the market at this level. And, he is letting it go for an absolute steal!

Best of Show Coach Works in San Marcos, CA just spent 5 months repainting the car and we have over 200 photos documenting the progress. This company does a lot of paint and bodywork for Pebble Beach Concours cars and the work shows. I have not seen an early 911 with better paint and body. This car is ready to compete in a PCA national event!

Autos International cleaned up the interior with a new NOS dash and correct speaker cover, restored door panels and pockets, NOS headliner, and restored rear parcel shelf. Even the door sills/thresholds are new NOS pieces that look amazing. Harvey Weidman found 5 correct 02/73 date stamped wheels and restored to look like new. His work is fantastic.

As the demand for an early 911 S has grown, so has the even rarer 911 E. These are absolutely wonderful cars to drive. They have tons of torque and could easily be made daily drivers. Personally, I think there is no better car to enjoy your local PCA or other Porsche activities in than a 911 E.

With extremely low original mileage, great options, and over $60k in recent receipts, this is a very collectible car. Plus, they made fewer E’s than they did any other model.

Mechanically, everything on this car has been gone through. From rebuilding the brakes to resealing the engine, no expense was spared in making sure that it is mechanically ready to go. Recently, I drove the car about 100 miles and was surprised at how tight and responsive it was. In fact, Patrick Paternie (who has written several Porsche books) recently drove the car and was impressed at how much it drove like a new car.

Details include:

Factory “S” package
    Original Blaupunkt radio included (CD player currently installed)
    6” OEM Restored Fuchs original with new tires
    Factory sport seats (original stock seats included as well)
    Factory A/C (completely rebuilt with new parts including updated rotary compressor…original compressor is included as well)
    Full Cosmetic Restoration (all receipts and photos documenting process)
    Chain tensioners update
    Turbo Valve covers
    Engine reseal
    Complete engine service
    Rebuilt MFI and new throttle linkage
    New brakes, tires, and batteries
    New muffler and SSI heat exchangers
    NOS headliner
    NOS dashboard
    Original factory stock seats are included...one of the frames has a slight bend to it but there are no tears/wear marks

All books, records, tools, etc. are included

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Paul at 714-668-0345 or paul@autokennel.com or

For tons of photos, go to: www.AutoKennel.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (73.9 KB, 590 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (70.7 KB, 593 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (81.7 KB, 597 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (64.8 KB, 595 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (61.9 KB, 594 views)

1966 BMW 1600 (one of first in U.S.)
    1967 VW Beetle Sedan (Honeymoon car)
    1984 Porsche 928S (Hindenburg)
    1986/1973 Backdated 911 Coupe (R Gruppe/La Tortuga)
    1987 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo
    1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S
    1999 BMW M Coupe (Race soon to be Rally)
    2003 Jaguar S-Type R Supercharged (family hauler/rain car)
    2004 Porsche 996 GT3
    2005 Chevy Express 16-passenger van (for hauling everything else)

http://www.autokennel.com

Wow - beautiful car. Good luck with the sale, shouldn't be a problem base on a recent sale of a yellow 73T for 49K.

Thanks...I couldn't agree more. I'm getting ready to put it on ebay...let's see what happens.

Paul

1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S
    2004 Porsche 996 GT3

Quote Originally Posted by EA911 View Post
    Wow - beautiful car. Good luck with the sale, shouldn't be a problem base on a recent sale of a yellow 73T for 49K.
    My thinking too, strong ownership, committed restoration; No shortcuts.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Thanks...I agree

1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S
    2004 Porsche 996 GT3