Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steel ST flares?

Steel ST flares?

Does anyone have steel ST flares available yet?.....
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Six, inc. View Post
    Does anyone have steel ST flares available yet?.....
    There's a set on German Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.de/PORSCHE-911-ST-Ko...1%7C240%3A1318

Martin

We are not there yet. Our first set are handmade and for a client's project. We are close to finishing them, so will post pics on pelican (hopefully soon!)

Once we have a handle on total real hours to make a set, we will decide if its worthwhile doing them by hand. Or we will make stampings

Reverse curvatures , rolled lips are not conducive to one's sanity when rolling these out on a wheel
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

Another company is starting to make 2.8L flares, The ST steel flares will follow after those. Its the same company that makes that incredible Vintage brake package (RSR brakes)

Zuffenhaus?
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

I read that about Zuffenhaus, I emailed them 2x and got no response. When I was in Charlotte a few weeks back I was going to take a trip out to see them, but didn't make it. I may be in Charlotte after first of year I'll try and visit them. Anyone have an update from them????

Quote Originally Posted by LA964R View Post
    I read that about Zuffenhaus, I emailed them 2x and got no response. When I was in Charlotte a few weeks back I was going to take a trip out to see them, but didn't make it. I may be in Charlotte after first of year I'll try and visit them. Anyone have an update from them????
    (CORRECTIONS/RETRACTIONS DEPARTMENT)

LA964R, sorry I didn't get those emails!!! were you sending them to products@zuffenhaus.us ?

We've gotten tons of interest in the flares as well as our brakes/wheels/steering wheels, and I've been ramping up in the communication department (usually running a 1-2 day lag.) A lot of guys have signed up for our Product Information and Development email distribution list which is becoming a valuable vehicle for getting info out to the public about status and availability of the products. Additionally, my direct line is 704-821-2546 for specific inquiries.

(THREAD CONTENT)

Status of our Flare offering is as follows:

We've digitized the accurate contours of the 1973 RSR Flares for the purpose of CNC machining a positive plug from which to make our stamping dies. We will be using a local American manufacturer to ensure quality (and quality control) during stamping. We decided on the digitizing/stamping process over hand-forming to ensure accurate contours and symmetry, and repeatability while reducing retail cost. There should be no deviations from the original flares that we mounted on a 911 for scanning. Our flares will be appropriate gauge, and will be delivered in e-coat for corrosion protection.

RIGHT NOW, we are confirming market interest to justify the die costs ($$$) to begin production. Our intent was to launch the RSR flare product, then develop the ST package, but it seems as if there may be equal interest in the ST product! To launch both in the near future significantly increases the up-front capital, of course.

Like yourselves, I've wanted a reasonably priced, quality steel flare product with the correct historic contours for some time now. That is kind of the motivation behind our product company - make the stuff we can't get...
    I am extremely personally motivated to get the flare program underway, in fact.

What does this mean in reality? Well, in this economy it is difficult for small businesses like ours to launch multiple products simultanously, and we are moving forward with our Fuchs wheel and RSR brake lines now that our steering wheel products are finalized. If forum chatter and emails/phone calls are an indication, the flare product should have some priority in the near future. Getting a good feel for interest helps this.

Once we move into die production, flare product should be available to you guys 4 weeks after completion of the tooling. With any luck (US economy speaking) we should be positioning ourselves for movement on the flare program early in 2009.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot - I've located an original unused ST rear flare just last week - the one component we were lacking to prepare for ST product.
    keith
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B

r gruppe # 436

912->911 conversion
    Quote Originally Posted by keith View Post
    Like yourselves, I've wanted a reasonably priced, quality steel flare product with the correct historic contours for some time now. That is kind of the motivation behind our product company - make the stuff we can't get...
    Great to hear Keith. I wish you luck. I'd love a set of ST flares for when my car goes under the knife, but the supplies from England and Germany are just way too much $$$ for my "champagne tastes, beer budget" project. I'll keep my fingers crossed you are able to arrive at a lower cost solution!

-Keith
    Keith Adams
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Early 911S Registry #906 | PCA member IG: @912R
    1969 Blutorange 912R - 912 to 911 conversion
    1969 Mercedes 280 SE (W111) Coupe

I ran across these on the DP Motorsport site:
    http://www.dp-motorsport.de/16.html?...ash=9e9638490a

Harold #334
    http://www.dp935registry.com

Looking forward to see the quality and price of the bits.
    Robert
    964R Gruppe #001
    911S Member #1444