Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Steel OEM early 100L tank

FS: Steel OEM early 100L tank

SOLD

It is with a heavy heart I offer my 100 liter steel rally tank for sale. I have entered into a dilemma: my goal with my '69S has been have it done and ready in time for the RGruppe 10th Anniversary in May. It is a stretch, but doable.

Unfortunately, my eyes were bigger than my resources when I bought this 100L tank and just did the math…I figure there is no way I can get the car done and keep it. By selling the tank, I will have enough money to finish my motor, soup to nuts, as well as buy paint. You see where I am going with this? I can get to Treffen on my old gas tank, but I can't get there with no motor or paint.

Great tank, just a bad economy and not enough resources to make it all happen the way I'd like.

The tank has been inspected and lined - it is plug and play. All it needs is a little exterior cleanup and it will be perfect.

Asking $5300.

Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Searching my couch for funds

Wish I could spring for it! That's a NICE tank!!!!!

Eric

Is the tank dented on the bubble portion or is it just the picture ?

Thanks

Yes, a small dent. Easily fixed by your local paintless dent repair shop or with a littlebit of body filler. I was going to go the "Ding Doctor" route...

Bottom line, this tank is a guaranteed to NOT be a rusty POS. This can't be said about a lot of tanks. I have seen a lot of extra money dropped on repairing rusty tanks which sold at the same price as this one.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Nice tank. Can you post photos of the bottom?

Does anyone know what model years this tank was available?

When did Porsche switch to plastic tanks?

Thanks,
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

Yes; I am travelling so only had photos that were readily available on my photobucket. I will take pics when I get home and post. The bottom is solid, with some dings, but is very sound and looks as good as any other 40 year old tank I have seen.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Is there a working sending unit that comes with the tank ?

Quote Originally Posted by johns4949 View Post
    Is there a working sending unit that comes with the tank ?
    There is no sending unit, but alternatives apparently exist; a stock one will work in a pinch (although you will read empty earlier than actually empty).
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh View Post
    There is no sending unit, but alternatives apparently exist; a stock one will work in a pinch (although you will read empty earlier than actually empty).
    I run a stock one, and just keep track of my mileage....

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    I run a stock one, and just keep track of my mileage....
    Eric, what years would this be correct for, thanks.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224