Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brochure/Literature

Brochure/Literature

Original post......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 04-09-2014 at 09:44 AM.

I was watching those too. Stunning.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Wink One day......

I'm certain one day, 911 brochures will reach similar crazy levels....

In the last few automobilia fairs and auctions in Europe, Porsche automobilia from 1964-1973 has been scarce at best....

I remember a month ago in Padova, I only found a 1966 Porsche Treffen badge which was available for usd 420...otherwise most brochures and period accessories were well "post" 1973.....

Prices are bound to go up as items become rarer....I mean 300 dollars for a lackstift seems a sure sign of where we're heading.....

I'm still trying to understand why we find these items and brochures so attractive...it must be the period design and the patina?

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Quote Originally Posted by Milou View Post
    I'm certain one day, 911 brochures will reach similar crazy levels....

In the last few automobilia fairs and auctions in Europe, Porsche automobilia from 1964-1973 has been scarce at best....

I remember a month ago in Padova, I only found a 1966 Porsche Treffen badge which was available for usd 420...otherwise most brochures and period accessories were well "post" 1973.....

Prices are bound to go up as items become rarer....I mean 300 dollars for a lackstift seems a sure sign of where we're heading.....

I'm still trying to understand why we find these items and brochures so attractive...it must be the period design and the patina?
    It's that for sure and more. I don't collect them but I can understand it. For me, they are a piece of history you can hold in your hand. Like the cars them self, they are time capsules that are becoming more and more rare. I used to collect movie posters and it was the same kind of attraction. I've always loved and been fascinated by old things: Cars, posters, books, furniture, wood and now steering wheels in case you haven't noticed.
    Cheers,
    Mark
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

I have That Gmund Brochure in PERFECT condition (not like the one sold on ebay, that is TERRIBLE for a collector)
    For a serius Porsche Brochure collector this is the FIRST piece (250 made).
    The correct value now in Europe is around 8k $.

Crazy? I dont' think.
    Remeber that a concours condition 911 S 67-69 have the same price as a 997GT3...... for lots of people this is more crazy....

Andrea
    Registry Member #1414
    NOSGRUPPE

crazy = high

Indeed, it's all relative, isn't it!

I would rather have a 1967-73 911S than a GT3RS....and yes I could probably have bought one or possibly 2 GT3 by now had I not spent all that money on those old cars and these musky brochures...

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Wink

It must be a curse because my wife and daughter look at me as if I was possessed each time I brink a 1970 price list or a tiny Porsches sticker home with a grin on my face.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

A friend of mine once said to me, "you've never seen a woman with a chevy nova on blocks in their yard or in their garage", I think the same thing goes for all the lit as well..... you should see all the uncatalogued stuff I have....

e

No Nova's.... just 912's, a junk 356, and a 67S that looks worse than it is...

Perhaps you want to come out for the Summer campout at the cabin!

Here's the winter shot.... it's warm in the summer, and you can borrow a car...

E

Wink For the possessed.....

Here are a few good ones....

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com