Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1967 911s Soft Window

FS: 1967 911s Soft Window

I wanted to offered this car on this board before listing it on other sites. Here are the details, should you have any questions or want to make an offer please phone or email me. I will entertain all offer. 925.876.1281 or MrBMW2002@aol.com Thanks Brad

VIN: 500429S
    Engine Number 961257 901/02
    Color Code: 6603 (Gulf Blue)

History: This car was originally sold new in Europe, thus it is a European spec car. It remained in Europe for sometime and then was brought to the United States. It has lived in the hot Arizona desert for sometime before relocating it to California. This car still retains its original engine, and factory options such as the exterior temperature gauge, webasto heater etc.

Exterior: The exterior of the car still retains the wonderful Gulf Blue paint. This is a very rare color and makes this car unique. The exact number of 67s targas ordered with Gulf Blue is unknown. This car appears to have never been in an accident. In addition it still retains the original doors, fenders, and quarter panels. This car does have some rust. Due to the harsh climates this car faced when in Europe, this car has suffered rust in the front suspension pan and jack spurs. This car still has the factory softwindow targa setup with all of the correct trim and latches. This car has all of the original floor boards and panels.

Interior: The interior of this car is original and complete. It still has the exterior temperature gauge, original radio, original dash and chrome trim. This car has the original door handles and door tops with chrome trim.

Suspension: This car has all of the correct and original 1967 911s suspension, vented brakes, and sway bars. This car does have a nice set of deep 6 with heart wheels. This car needs to have the brakes bled due to time sitting.

Engine/Trans: This car still has the original engine. This engine fires right up and makes great oil pressure. This is a very strong motor. This car also still has the original 5spd 901 transmission, this too shifts nicely.

Overall: As you can see this car is a very rare, very original car. This car can be a daily driver with a brake job. With the prices of the early "s" skyrocketing, it is a great chance to complete real 67s soft window targa.

Asking 45k and will entertain all offers. Photos can be seen at http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii152/MrBMW2002/

This car will be going on ebay shortly. I will entertain all offers.

Thanks,
    Brad

I am not familiar with the US driving regulations, but how can a car with such a rotten suspension:

be as Brad calls it:'This car can be a daily driver with a brake job.'
    I think an excellent live insurance is mandatory then.
    Michael Moenstermann
    Osnabrueck - Germany
    Early 911S member #1052

'While accelerating the tears of emotion have to flow off horizontally to the ears.'
    'Understeer is when you see the tree you are hitting, if you only hear the tree then it was oversteer'.
    'You can't treat a car like a human being - a car needs love'. (all Walter Röhrl)

"This car does have (some) rust. Due to the harsh climates this car faced when in Europe, this car has suffered rust in the front suspension pan and jack spurs."

should read: this car does have some metal left!

isnt that the rear sway bar and attachment?? that looks messed up,
    so rear suspension, seat pans, parcel shelf the softies are much more susceptible to rust in the rear due to the SW.
    someone will save this.....
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Wow. I've seen Brad's cars advertised for years. He's found some interesting ones, but used to be pretty accurate in his descriptions. Looks like he's going to the dark side. If he keeps on this path, pretty soon he'll be describing that sort of chassis rust as "nice patina."

techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Quote Originally Posted by 67Porsche911S View Post
    I am not familiar with the US driving regulations, but how can a car with such a rotten suspension:

be as Brad calls it:'This car can be a daily driver with a brake job.'
    I think an excellent live insurance is mandatory then.
    In California, it's caveat emptor...

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures...cts/ffvr33.htm

You could get pulled over by the CHP and theoretically get the car "parked":

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d02/vc2804.htm
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

That color in German is Golf Blau 6603(Gulf blue in english for the same year) Not the same as the German Gulf Blau 328, lighter than 6603(also Gulf Blue in english?)

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

This will be probably my last reply on this thread as I hope to spend a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family. I wish all of you and your families' a great Thanksgiving as well. Just so you know, I try to represent each car to the best of my ability. I am honest, upfront and perhaps not as knowledgeable as many of you on this board. However, I am willing to learn, even if that means having my cars and myself being personally criticized. I am the one who took all of these pictures, the good, bad and ugly. I included all of the photos that depict the cars condition. If I was trying to hide anything or mislead anyone, then I would not include certain pictures(many of the rust issues and the ones that you posted).
    I hope that you can understand my position and we all share the same passion for these special early Porsche cars. This is a very special car, and I am certain the new owner will be very pleased with it.

"This car needs to have the brakes bled due to time sitting."

Am I missing something?

Is this November 26th or April 1st?

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

IMO - the pictures of this car are worth the proverbial 1000 words. I feel there was an honest effort to have the car be adequately represented via the pictures and I'm betting Brad felt that as well. Any verbal descriptors were only meant to be taken in the context of the real information contained in the pics.

While I'm not sure what "daily driver" meant, the fact is that it could be meant to convey several different meanings. IMO, it seems a stretch, but at the same time, the "daily driver" editorial comment is the most unimportant part of the entire ad.

Brad - thanks for posting the car for sale here and including a good selection of pics. this car isn't for me, as I'm looking for something more akin to an older restoration that is now a great driver. Good luck with the sale.

Happy thanksgiving to all.