Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS 911R 6 and 7s HEARTS CONCOURS

FS 911R 6 and 7s HEARTS CONCOURS

Rounders,

For sale (I hope I don't regret selling these) is a set of Harvey Weidman refinished factory 911R 7" rear wheels and deep six fronts, both with hearts. These are authentic 911R rear wheels and proper "deep sixes," all wheels unmodified. These wheels have never been mounted and even have Harvey's original packaging on the front and the back of the wheels. Please email me with questions should you have any DrRSR@aol.com
    Price is $5,800 shipped in US and $6,000 outside US. Thanks.

-Allen-

These are NO 7R Fuchs!!

I'm sorry to say, but these are no original 7R Fuchs. The original 7R had ink stamps.
    The later style Fuchs had rised part and size numbers. These rised numbers were removed on the 7x15 Fuchs which are offered here. You could obviously see the signs of removed numbers in the segments marked yellow. This indicates, that these are later style 7x15 Fuchs and NO 7R wheels!

Claudius
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't believe that true

The earliest 911R wheels were ink stamped. The later ones were not. These are authentic 7" Fuchs wheels with hearts, unaltered. There was no other early 7" wheel made by Fuchs, that I am aware of (some please correct me if I am wrong) than the 911R wheel.

-Allen-

I have to agree with Allen. This is one of mine, its a 12/67 wheel, correct width, no trace of being welded/widened. It has BOTH the stamp and the raised part number, unlike my later 7R with just the stamps. The paint looks to be original, no trace of restoration.

If you look close in the first picture the petal with the raised number is on the right side of the ink stamped petal. I think they used a 5,5*15 base, and it was stamped out to 7". If you look at the last picture the raised numbers end in .04. There is no one in Norway to do a fake that would be this accurate, and it has been here for a long time. It also have the 7*15 in ink and in raised numbers/letters. The ink stamp on this is exactly the same as my other 7R wheels with 68 dates.

I guess Harvey could confirm your wheels Allen. To my knowledge all the later 7" look very different to the 7R seen from the front and seen from the side?

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

...I saw several Fuchs which were welded together professionally....

Let me proceed with some more questions which you didn't answer up to now:

Why are the original numbers removed on your wheels??? Could you please explain! This makes NO SENSE!

Why is there this obvious strange size number 7Jx15 impressed?? Please explain!!

To be continued...

This is a picture of a deep six welded to look like a 7R wheel. It has the same look from the front as the 7R. The extra welded inch is on the inside part of the wheel of course. From the side it looks noting like the genuine 7R. The last pics are the 7R from the side.

The last picture is of one genuine 7R and one genuine deep six.

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

Raj,

Dimensions and specifications are accurately defined for 7R wheels. But welding makes it also possible...Even stamps are reproducible...

But there is still no evidence that these are 7R.

Allen, my questions above aren't responed up to now:

• Why are the original numbers removed on your wheels?

• Why is there this obvious strange size number 7Jx15 impressed on one of the wheels?

Claudius

Quote Originally Posted by 68S_SK2 View Post
    Raj,

Dimensions and specifications are accurately defined for 7R wheels. But welding makes it also possible...Even stamps are reproducible...

But there is still no evidence that these are 7R.

Allen, my questions above aren't responed up to now:

• Why are the original numbers removed on your wheels?

• Why is there this obvious strange size number 7Jx15 impressed on one of the wheels?

Claudius
    I haven't responded Claudius because I was at work in a meeting. I have nothing to hide, zero. If I wanted to hide something, I wouldn't have posted such nice large photos. I purchased these wheels, already done by Harvey, the 7s I am talking about, from a PCA member a couple years ago. I am not aware that anything was purposely removed. I know in the refinishing of wheels sometimes information on the wheels is lost. In fact, maybe Harvey will chime in.

-allen-

I can understand the feelings about that these rims could not be original.
    I have to admitt that the 7x15 markings do not look very "professional" and it seems that part # were sanded away.
    So you could think that these are modified rims.
    But also I have/had more than round about ten 7R rims - no rims had their part# and their size markings on the same field like on Johns picture.
    But I have sold a set last year to the USA that was already sandblasted. No signs of being welded but I remember that there was also a field were part# could be sanded away. But they were original.
    I think that "removing" of the part # could be done by the Fuchs company (maybe with 6") and then they put their new ink #s on it.
    These rims were more prototypes and not made in the normal production line. That could explain the differences. I have a 8x15" rim that have the sizes and part# from a 16" rim.
    Well the guy really should not drink a beer or 2 at work
    Thanks Yeti

Well the part # normally are raised and not engraved which would make it more easily to sand them away. Allen's markings seems to engraved as well.
    I don't think there is a noticeable weight difference if you modify the 6" into a 7" wheel.
    Harvey could mark them as a welded wheel but hr surely has not to do that.

Btw - all 7R rims have the heart on the valve stem. Later 7" rims have the part # ending with 01 and were first produced in '71 I think. The look as the later 7" Fuchs rims but have the 3-prong centre caps.
    Thanks Yeti