Thread: Good fog wire diagram

Good fog wire diagram

Both front and rear fogs. Not sure how to read the euro and US diff.(I am no good at electrics)

John
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

relays for fog etc
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

Country laws

Quote Originally Posted by Zithlord View Post
    Both front and rear fogs. Not sure how to read the euro and US diff.(I am no good at electrics)

John
    John,

The different wiring related to the light working different ways in different countries. The basic operating differences would be covered for best example with, say, a German Drivers Manual and a US Driver Manual Other countries, for example Sweden, had even different "local" dealer wiring to meet codes). In the past I spent some time studying this particular wiring diagram and, frankly, am not sure I figured it out totally.

The US (from 2.2. owner's manual) wiring is such that the foglight work, when selected, only when low beams or parking lights are selected on the main light switch. If high beams are on, the fogs go off.

In Germany (default for wiring diagram) I THINK that the "foglights" work as long as the main light switch is in postion 1 or 2, that is any lights are on and this includes even if the highbeams are on. I believe part of this might be that "foglights" in Germany actually were often true driving lights.

I hadn't seen the relay location diagram before. Good to have. Thanks.

-Allen-

PS The US SWB foglight wiring was really unusual in that the relay didn't actually reduce the current flowing through the switch (like LWB cars, diagram above to keep switches from buring out) but rather just to disable the foglights when the high beams came on, weird!

Doug Jacobs' website. Beemer guy.

http://www.colorwiringdiagrams.com/porsche.htm

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by Zithlord View Post
    relays for fog etc
    A car would need relay #3 if it is to have both under-bumper lights and through-the-grill lights, right?

But how is relay #3 in this post wired to the fuse box(-es) and a switch? Does anyone have a diagram for this?

I guess the diagram in the first post of this thread is for relay #2.
    Thomas
    1973 911S Targa

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTe View Post
    A car would need relay #3 if it is to have both under-bumper lights and through-the-grill lights, right?

But how is relay #3 in this post wired to the fuse box(-es) and a switch? Does anyone have a diagram for this?

I guess the diagram in the first post of this thread is for relay #2.
    I would GUESS that the TTG lights would be driving lights since you would already have fogs BTB. Hence, this circuit would be tied into the high beams when hi beams are activated or by a separate switch. If the latter, then it would be shared as the same fuse for the BTB, but wired as a separate circuit with separate switch (mounted below speedo) and independent wiring.

Edit: I was assuming that there are no other circuits used with this fuse AND that the bulb sizing is 55 watts for all 4 bulbs. This would result in a little more than 16 amps which would be too much for a 15 amp fuse. So, maybe there should be another fuse used with less load, unless the fog light fuse is 20A, which I doubt.
    Olin - Member #1375
    ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░
    1972 911T

Original
    -117 Light Yellow -15x6 Fuchs (9120/M400) -S Appearance (M470) -5 Speed Transmission (9590)

Options added
    -Houndstooth Sport Seats (M409) -Rear sway bar (9228)
    -H4's -BTB Fog Lts (M429) -Amber TTG Driving Lts (9420/M432)
    -380mm Steering Wheel -Becker Mexico -Roof Mounted Luggage/Ski Rack (9503)
    -A/C (M559) -Rear Fog Lt (M571) -Rear Wiper (9290) -Wheel Trim (M426) -Footrest (9563)

I find this subject fasinating as well.

I always assumed the following if a car was equiped with all the below lighting:

Parking lights on first pull of main light switch
    City lights on first pull of main light switch
    BTB fog lights activied with aux. switch in conjuction with first pull of main light switch
    Headlight low beams on second pull of main light switch and deactivating city lights
    Headlight high beams activited via turn signal stock and deactivating BTB fogs
    TTG aux driving lights activated when high beam headlights activated (no aux switch needed)

As it has been pointed out there might be various configs by country
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser