Thread: WTB: Kilometre Reading Speedometer

WTB: Kilometre Reading Speedometer

I realise that the USA is not the obvious place to go looking for one of these, but no harm in asking.

My '67 911S was imported into Japan from California and has a mile reading speedo. The previous owner put a sticker over the face to show kilometre readings, but it looks very ugly and detracts from the overall appearance of the dash - and is not particularly satisfactory to read either.

Just wonder if someone has one lying around for any reason and is prepared to part with it?

Cheers
    Greg
    Hokkaido, Japan
    --------------------
    Tangerine '67 911S Targa
    Silver '91 C2 Coupe
    Red Audi A4 Quattro
    Silver Subaru Twin Turbo AWD Legacy Wagon
    Navy Toyota Hilux Surf

Km speedo

Greg,
    It is a long shot...but my 66 speedo was in mph. I took it apart to fix something and noticed the decal face had some wrinkles. Turns out it was a factory mph , which was laid over a nice factory kph face. I carefully peeded the mph off and now I have a new kph face. Who knows...might be a kph face under there already

Convert it

Send it to North hollywood Speedometer and they can change the face to KPH. The also can clean the glass and put on a new black trim ring and make it look new again.

Here is one on ebay Germany:
    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA:IT&ih=010
    If you need assistance just let me know.
    Michael Moenstermann
    Osnabrueck - Germany
    Early 911S member #1052

'While accelerating the tears of emotion have to flow off horizontally to the ears.'
    'Understeer is when you see the tree you are hitting, if you only hear the tree then it was oversteer'.
    'You can't treat a car like a human being - a car needs love'. (all Walter Röhrl)

New owner, The Race Line

I have one for you

Hey there,

I just took a quick look as we sometimes have some rare stuff around here and lookie what I found.

I am pretty sure that you are looking for the first tach pictured, but I also found another that is from a 356 I think.

Let me know if you are interested in this one, the ring is showing it's years here a bit but the face still looks good.

Happy to help

Erik Johnson
    Carquip Sales
    (303) 443-1343 ext 2 work
    (720) 980-9407 cell
    Attached Images Attached Images

The 'S' speedo scale goes up to 250 km/h. This goes only to 200 km/h which seems to be then a 912 unit. This might not work on a 911.
    Michael Moenstermann
    Osnabrueck - Germany
    Early 911S member #1052

'While accelerating the tears of emotion have to flow off horizontally to the ears.'
    'Understeer is when you see the tree you are hitting, if you only hear the tree then it was oversteer'.
    'You can't treat a car like a human being - a car needs love'. (all Walter Röhrl)

New owner, The Race Line
    I did not notice that. Sorry everyone, I think that is correct I think that this is a 912 speedo.

Sorry about that everyone, and here I thought I was going to be able to help on this one.

Maybe next time.

Erik Johnson
    Carquip Sales
    (303) 443-1343 ext 2 work

Anthony West #1079
    There is also a perfectly restored 65-67 911 speedo on German Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MESE:IT&ih=024

Or item number: 370121079624

Not cheap, but concours condition.

Anthony

I had mine restored by Anthony, excellent work. If you need one you will get a virtually new one.
    Michael Moenstermann
    Osnabrueck - Germany
    Early 911S member #1052

Many thanks to all for the replies. I'll bear yours in mind Erik and let you know as soon as possible. Just after I posted my question here, I got a response I didn't think was coming fregarding one I saw on the DDK site, and it seems like that could be the one I'm looking for. Fingers crossed. I'll post again to advise the outcome one way or another.

The input from this group is very much appreciated.

Cheers
    Greg
    Hokkaido, Japan
    --------------------
    Tangerine '67 911S Targa
    Silver '91 C2 Coupe
    Red Audi A4 Quattro
    Silver Subaru Twin Turbo AWD Legacy Wagon
    Navy Toyota Hilux Surf