Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thru the Grill Lights - Price check

Thru the Grill Lights - Price check

I have a buddy who wants to buy a set of 5.25 Hella lights from me. Perfect. New in the box w/ Posche labels and part numbers on said box. Yellow light bulbs. Just the lights and the bracket on the base of the light, not the light grills, brackets, or wiring. Thanks, John

Are they

Quote Originally Posted by JPlonghood View Post
    I have a buddy who wants to buy a set of 5.25 Hella lights from me. Perfect. New in the box w/ Posche labels and part numbers on said box. Yellow light bulbs. Just the lights and the bracket on the base of the light, not the light grills, brackets, or wiring. Thanks, John
    Foglights with tungsten (standard) bulbs or true driving lights with H1 or H4 type high intensity bulbs?

-Allen-

Thank you for the reply.

Uh... I wish I could tell ya. My 'buddy' came just as I was taking my '68 out on a test drive w/ a prospective buyer and I couldn't give him the proper attention he deserved. When I was back he had left a check for $400 on my desk, a copy of a just ended Ebay ad for a set of used lights @ $400, and took the lights. Would be OK with me, but then I read that the ebay sale was for a pair of used "good condition, nice chrome but not 100%" lights. Mine were brand new and perfect in the box. Let's assume they are standard. If mine are worth less, I will give him some $$$ back.

ummmm,

Let's just say that I'll take any more that you can find....

Eric

Buddy

I hope he is a realy good "buddy". If so, you should no feel too bad because a friendship has its perks. If you both are good friends and you are happy about the deal, read no further. But if he is a mutual contact, then, I think you should ask him to come back with a few hundred more. NOS 118 lights regardless of bulb start around $650. Were they black or chrome backs? Black would be for a 914 and are less money. Was there a horizontal silver reflector in front of the bulb? Much more money if there was. Was the lens fluted or clear. Clear would be for driving lights and are more money. Bulb was yellow, was the lens yellow? Yellow lens brings more money. NOS Yellow H1 driving lights would probably get $1200 to $1500. So there is your range: $650 - $1500.
    Olin - Member #1375
    ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░
    1972 911T

Original
    -117 Light Yellow -15x6 Fuchs (9120/M400) -S Appearance (M470) -5 Speed Transmission (9590)

Options added
    -Houndstooth Sport Seats (M409) -Rear sway bar (9228)
    -H4's -BTB Fog Lts (M429) -Amber TTG Driving Lts (9420/M432)
    -380mm Steering Wheel -Becker Mexico -Roof Mounted Luggage/Ski Rack (9503)
    -A/C (M559) -Rear Fog Lt (M571) -Rear Wiper (9290) -Wheel Trim (M426) -Footrest (9563)

Hey Olin. They were chrome back w/ reeded clear lenses and yellow bulbs. I just looked at the other used set I own and they are halogen bulbs.

Values

$400 is a good, to excellent buyer's price for tungsten, fog lights. You can "build these" NOS from NOS red back up lights (sometimes avail) and almost identical to OEM ones for the same or less if you know what you are doing.

Driving halogen (edited) lights are IMHO more rare, desirable and valuable. Say $600+

-Allen-

Quote Originally Posted by JPlonghood View Post
    Thank you for the reply.

Uh... I wish I could tell ya. My 'buddy' came just as I was taking my '68 out on a test drive w/ a prospective buyer and I couldn't give him the proper attention he deserved. When I was back he had left a check for $400 on my desk, a copy of a just ended Ebay ad for a set of used lights @ $400, and took the lights. Would be OK with me, but then I read that the ebay sale was for a pair of used "good condition, nice chrome but not 100%" lights. Mine were brand new and perfect in the box. Let's assume they are standard. If mine are worth less, I will give him some $$$ back.

John,

NICE BUDDY YA GOT THERE

Here are some photos of what these lights are. Thanks again, everybody.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fog Lights

It looks to me that you have the clear fluted lens with the amber reflector and an H3 bulb. This was probably a Euro fog lamp for ROW cars outside of France (they had amber lens also). Italians had a different setup also. These are not the most coveted H1 driving lights, but they are nicer that the US fog lights that are tungsten. Thus, I would say $750+ would be a fair price on these. Since he is such a "buddy", you might could get $800 from him
    Olin - Member #1375
    ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░
    1972 911T

Original
    -117 Light Yellow -15x6 Fuchs (9120/M400) -S Appearance (M470) -5 Speed Transmission (9590)

Options added
    -Houndstooth Sport Seats (M409) -Rear sway bar (9228)
    -H4's -BTB Fog Lts (M429) -Amber TTG Driving Lts (9420/M432)
    -380mm Steering Wheel -Becker Mexico -Roof Mounted Luggage/Ski Rack (9503)
    -A/C (M559) -Rear Fog Lt (M571) -Rear Wiper (9290) -Wheel Trim (M426) -Footrest (9563)