Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rgruppe??

Rgruppe??

How does one join?

S

My understanding (which has from time to time has been wrong) is you don't....club is full. I think you can drive around w/them, but I guess, like a good NYC co-op, you need to wait for someone to die....or maybe buy someones #. There's a link here somewhere, so search under Rgruppe and you'll find it.
    Robert
    964R Gruppe #001
    911S Member #1444

Interesting answer, but not really accurate (club is not full, numbers are not recycled).

Membership is by invitation after you particiapte to see if it's a good fit.

Go here to learn more:

http://www.rgruppe.org/
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

If you have a cool looking 911 that weighs 1,500 lbs and has 300 hp then that would help your admission chances...

There is a lot of mis-information out there about this. It seems like (almost) everyone in the Porsche community knows R Gruppe, but there doesn't seem to be an understanding of what it is, or what it stands for. Not that 300 HP is bad, but that's not exactly the goal; as for the membership - buying a number, etc... that's just plain wrong, and I'm not even sure what the genesis of that speculation is.

I will reiterate Randy's suggestion: if you are truly interested, then go to their website, go to their events, see what is going on. I'm not exactly sure why someone would want to join a group when they aren't even sure what it's about?

Quote Originally Posted by sezme View Post
    How does one join?

S
    Where do you live?

There are members all over, you just need to find them and when they get together for cars & coffee, breakfasts, drives. Many of the activities are posted here on Early S so keep looking for an opportunity to get out to one of the events.

What Randy(a911s) said.

Ditto...where you at?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Secret handshake...

"The Reverse Continental Grip". It has nothing to do with the Masonic Order.

I'll give a lesson in the future.

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Promise not to tell....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

Aw geez Bummler....I always thought the cats were supposed to face the other way. Dang
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330