Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1967 911S bumperettes... Chromed or with rubber inserts?

1967 911S bumperettes... Chromed or with rubber inserts?

Another one of my questions: Bumperettes.

I have seen a few '67 S cars with the fully chromed bumperettes and the majority of them with rubber inserts. Is there a particular rule as to what a '67 S should have or could I install any of them? I particularly like the fully chromed ones, and I found a set already, but would like to know they are correct before installing them.

Also, I have found two different types of front bumper chromed bumperettes. First type, is what I would call fully covered, and if looked at them from behind, you would see a chromed area or back face, between the bumperette and the hood of the car. Second type shows it is hollow when looked from behind you would see the bumperettes interior and would probably need a small lid or face to cover that area in case you would not want to see it... though it is not really apparent once installed.

Can anybody shed some light here?

Thanks,
    Victor
    911S registry #1354

'67 cars have a one year bumperette. They are a hybrid of the earlier all chrome bumperette in that instead of having a plastic insert on the backside closing the bumperette off (facing the driver), they are all metal. That said, they do have a rubber bumper on the frontside. Sorry no pics handy. Hopefully my description makes sense. Sounds like you have a set.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Hi,

Here is one from a 67S. It is the lower one, the one above is from a standard 911/12.

HTH

Alan

Thanks for the description and for the pics. As they say, a pic is worth a thousand words. The lid or cover facing the driver would appear to be an integral part of the bumperette? Or is it really a separate part?

I am enclosing a pic I found on the net of what is supposedly a 1967 911S, or that is what it's emblem says, european version, that does not show rubber in the bumperettes. Could it perhaps be an option not to have rubber on the bumperettes?

Thanks,
    Victor
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That car also has none S narrow front and rear bumper trim. But it is RHD

Alan

front bumper guard

This is a front bumper guard with a black plastic peice that slides into place on the upper rear. Did European early 911Ss have front guards installed?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Johnson lists:

For US, chrome ones have been standard in 1966.
    Rubber have been standard in 1967 with S models having a different cut-out due to larger rubber trim strip on bumper.
    For ROW cars front bumper guards have been optional 1965-1968.

The 68 accesoires lists rubber pads optional (Row T, L) but specifices some had it standard (US L, S)

Registry member No.773

SSS-67- RHD Car

Hi Victor

The Aga Blue early 911 in your thread registered (QLD) SSS-67 is an old car of mine- it infact is a '65 build MY66 RHD 1965 911 2.0.....that a prior owner "dressed up" to resemble a 911S.

.....cheers.

Stewart.

The old Parts Book says...

2 part numbers for: 911, 911(USA), 911 TU, 911L...they are a left/right, chrome only with no differentiation for the plastic or metal/chrome enclosure...
    2 more numbers for: 911, 911(USA), 911 TU, 911L...they are left/right,
    chrome with rubber buffer...
    lastly, 2 numbers for: 911S, 911L (USA), "USA serie and optional"...left/right, chrome with rubber buffer.
    accordingly, then, all 'S' got the rubber buffer, there was a European 'L' with narrow trim, and that the wide 'S' trim was available on other models.
    Helping or confusing?
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

Brian,
    1966 and 1967 differs from 1968 (where you had T, L, S models) as well as US and Euro/Row cars with different standard equipment.
    But of course, your info is correct too ! (edited)
    Registry member No.773