Thread: rear crash bar

rear crash bar

Hi All ,still looking for a factory rear crash bar. Condition not to important I have to send the bumperettes I have out to be rechromed anyway. Thanks and happy holidays
    1973 E Targa 9113210927 metallic green
    1973 S coupe 9113300738 light Ivory
    2007 Cayman S daily driver
    member # 270

I have one I plan on using...NOS, perfect and unbelievable. That said, I need cash to finish my resto by May so will consider an offer that knocks my socks off. I know this is nebulous, but I figured I'd float it and see what precipitates.

This is indeed NOS, perfect and never installed.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Banned
    Are there two styles of crash bars? Single tube and double?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Are there two styles of crash bars? Single tube and double?
    Single tube factory option, double tube is Amco but could be dealer installed.

E

Banned
    Thanks Eric.

72starga, I also have an NOS Factory one if you don't work something out with Kenikh.

The Amco bars are worth about half the factory ones, IMO. I sold a set with overriders in very nice shape a few months back for $300.

I think the factory bar is a much more elegant solution.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

the double bar amco crash bar was sold by porsche dealers. i have a porsche factory "Accessories" sales brochure that shows 69-71 cars and it shows a pic of a car with the double rear bar and the roof mounted ski rack and the roof mounted luggage rack and the aluminum fender strips and and coco floor mats and walnut gearshift knob and a/c and other items-so all available at the dealer so these items should be considered "correct". the brochure was put out by PORSCHE/AUDI a division of volkswagen of america engelwood, new jersey no. 52-10-28011
    paul chappell

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh View Post
    The Amco bars are worth about half the factory ones, IMO. I sold a set with overriders in very nice shape a few months back for $300.

I think the factory bar is a much more elegant solution.
    Yes, agreed,

All the Amco items were definitely "dealer" boutique items, just as you can still go into a dealer and buy a keychain or whatever. The best of which is probably the roof rack, though it is still not as pricey as the factory rack.

However, you aren't going to find them in the parts book, which to me is the definitive answer.

A note on mounting the factory rear crash bar. There's a rubber piece that fits onto the front over-rider on the 356 A's and it fits very nicely between the bar and the bumper. Also, the front rubber buffer for the bumper guard fits very well onto the special rear bumper guard in this application.

cheers,
    Eric