Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 914-6 Valuation Question

914-6 Valuation Question

What's the going rate on a restored 914-6 with matching numbers?

The sale prices I've seen lately have been all over the map ... some as low as 15K and others as high as 30K (for complete, running/driving cars).

This question gets asked a lot and is pretty beat to death, I know.

However, when I sold my salvage title '73 conversion in 2004 I got $13K. That leads me to believe that a disassembled (but accounted for), clean title, real-deal "6" with fresh paint to original color is worth a minimum of $12K with a matching numbers motor ... even in the current economic climate.

Am I way off base? Is the car woth more? Is it worth less? I want to be fair with the guy but I don't want to take a bath on the deal, either.

Any input would be greatly appreciated - and please don't sugar coat it.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Marco,

Are you talking about a white 914-6 in Canada?

914-6s are on the move...

Marco,
    As you know, 914-6s are still way behind the 911s...
    That said, the $50k barrier has been broken. The guys at Truspeed sold an Adriatic (I think) blue one for $50k+. This was back in the late summertime.
    I saw the car. It presented itself well enough and had all the important bits and pieces on it. No flares, no R Gruppe stuff going on, just an honest 914-6.

Sloan had one on consignment - not sure if it's still there. Strange thing is; it's almost identical to the above car! No it's not the same car, because I checked. If I remember correctly, Sloan's looking for $50k on that one as well

These are just a couple of Data points.

My gut tells me if you buy a truly tight, well presented 914-6 for "about $30k" yer doin good...but that's just an opinion.
    edit: of course, if this same "tight, clean, complete car" is dissassembled, I suppose that figure could go south by 35-40% or so.

good luck
    r/Thom

I know of one that was for sale recently for $37K. It has a non-matching 2.5ss built by Wayne Baker.

Very nice car, may have been pulled from the market after the owner took it out for a recent drive.

I guess it is easy to forget how much fun these can be.

Quote Originally Posted by JPlonghood View Post
    Marco,

Are you talking about a white 914-6 in Canada?
    No. The car is local to me and is owned by a long-time business acquaintance - hence my desire to not "get over" on the guy.

Currently I have rights of first refusal. I miss my "6" and have always wanted to do another one on a non-salvage chassis. This may be the right car...
    -Marco

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...hlight=914%2F6

Here's mine that sold 1 1/2 years ago. Don't know if this helps but you may find
    it interesting.
    Bobby

We have one in the shop now that was just purchased and it has to be one of the nicest 914/6's I have ever seen it was bought for mid 30's. I think your offer at 12K would be more then fair. You can still find basket case cars for 5-10K but they are getting harder to find. These are great as you know and the following is getting larger for them but they are still niche cars but all Porsche are in my opion.
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

Thanks for all the input, gentlemen. I believe that this car may become my next personal project pending an in-person inspection of the chassis and pile of parts.

Since the paint and bodywork are finished (purportedly), all I would have to have to do is reassemble the car and build the motor. That's a perfect storm scenario for me.

Again, I appreciate all the input and will let the forum know how it plays out.
    -Marco

Marco,

Sounds better than the one in Canada, and that guy wants $20K for his in the same state of completion. If you need anything for this car you are thinking buying let me know. I keep alot of spare 914-6 parts in the corner of the shop.

Thanks, JP. I'll definitely keep you in mind.

I was up on the loft yesterday digging through my own 914 parts stash doing a mental inventory ... it's amazing the type of crap that I hung on to.
    -Marco