Thread: Bendix pumps..can they be rebuilt/repaired?

Bendix pumps..can they be rebuilt/repaired?

Does anybody know how to repair/rebuild the Bendix pumps? It appears that you have to remove the top cap, which is crimped on, to gain access to the works. Anybody know how to do that without damaging the finish, etc?

regards,

Al

PS. I have four non-working 12V versions, in nice shape. Also one 6V version in good, working condition and an old old, blue Hardi in working condition. Where did I get all these pumps? I'd like to rebuild the non-working Bendix units.
    Al Kosmal
    the X-faktory
    Current projects; 69-911.5
    76S rat bastard---off to Germany

1970 914-4...off to Wisconsin
    73 911X Cafe Racer...........(off to S.F.....now racing in Germany)
    66 912 ...off to France
    71E 9111200979 ( gone to Paris..then to Corsica)
    77S (off to NY)
    Early S #1240

RGruppe #669
    www.x-faktory.com

Hi Al,

It's my understanding that the Bendix needs to be treated as a sealed unit because I'm led to believe the mechanism inside is sealed in Argon. I guess it's done as an anti corrosion measure. As soon as you pop the top off it's vented to atmosphere. I've no idea even if you could fix it how would be best to re-seal it.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Cheers
    David

While I was searching through old posts, I read that they can be rebuilt...using new, Facet innards. Has anybody done this..or can anyone chime in with more info.

regards,

al

I plan to rebuild all four of them and set them free (well not quite free), keeping one for myself.
    Al Kosmal
    the X-faktory
    Current projects; 69-911.5
    76S rat bastard---off to Germany

1970 914-4...off to Wisconsin
    73 911X Cafe Racer...........(off to S.F.....now racing in Germany)
    66 912 ...off to France
    71E 9111200979 ( gone to Paris..then to Corsica)
    77S (off to NY)
    Early S #1240

RGruppe #669
    www.x-faktory.com