Thread: Cape Town South Africa

Cape Town South Africa

Helping a friend find an early RHD 911 for Cape Town. Think I have the car - Jamie Lippman's 72T in the UK - and now need someone to help maintain it in Cape Town. Car will be fully sorted (new PMOs) by Autofarm before it leaves the UK. Know anyone? I am in Cape Town for the next week - would be great to meet them if possible.
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

Steven, there is a nice thread over on Pelican, about an ST build in South Africa, in Pretoria. The guy, Leon Potgieter, "borrowed" an RSR for some technical specs from a garage that hosts all that you see below (copied from the thread)
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=440416

He said he was going to be away at the beach over the holidays, so you might not be easily able to contact him, but if you could, he probably could point you in the right direction, maybe even get you a look-see at that garage ;-)
    The RSR info is here
    http://www.pbase.com/slidevalve911rs...r_sn9113600636

The composite parts he was using were sourced from this guy, Anton Dekker at exclusive_conversion@cybersmart.co.za
    Anton could perhaps help track down Leon, or give recommendations.
    Also for the RSR stuff, they were in contact with John Starkey, so he could also perhaps help.

I would have thought that the DDK-ers would have been able to point you more in the right direction.

Best of luck, and post some pics if you get any good shots.

Quote Originally Posted by leonpotgieter View Post
    well you ask really really nicely.......same way I did it when i wanted a 993 GT2...seems that i need to take some pictures of the garage where these cars come from. There are a few more Porsches that will make your mouth water. Just to make you wonder here are the cars that shares a garage with the RSR.

1970 rallye car 2x london sydney 1x panamericana
    1971 911 T (concourse winner)
    1973 RSR
    964 RS
    993 RS
    993 RSR (1 of 49)
    993 GT2 Clubsport
    993 Turbo
    996 GT3RS
    997 GT3RS
    F40
    F50
    F430 scruderia
    and a few others
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Thank you Karl - will follow up.
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

Hi Steve,

I was driving through Camp's Bay last week and saw a beautiful red early 911 with ducktail driving in the opposite direction. Was that yours or do you know who's it was? It embarrassing to say, but that was one of the minor highlights of my trip. Cape Town is absolutely amazing. I would love to stay there for an extended period of time.

Neil
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

Regretably, no. Ours is still with Autofarm in the UK. Interior work - brown houndstooth from Tony + spare 72 tan vinyl for repairs. Should be there by the summer (SA summer)
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

Hi Steven

I saw the post about cape town and saw my name. Well if you said Pretoria or Johannesburg I would have been able to help but my connections Cape Town is limited. The best guy for a pre 73 in SA is Tim Abbot (timo@abbotcars.com)
    He is Johannesburg. Then there is a facebook group named Porsche Club South Africa you might find someone in there from Cape Town. My email is availible on just send me a PM then I can look futher.

Leon Potgieter