Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate ST thread

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Wonder where this one is...?

Attachment 523993
    Hello,
    Do you happen to know the ViN of this car?

umm well after checking what you say in rossepassion... each time it becomes clearer to me that the porsche itself laughs in our faces... with this type of thing I believe less and less in everything that porsche had managed to create. .. It is one thing that it **may or may not be the car they indicate and such, another very different thing is this, seeing that they do not even have the correct parts for the model. They were in a hurry to get it out of the "factory" and took the parts they needed? ...anyway
    "I have a question about this. Was this vehicle restored by Porsche itself with original Porsche parts? I don't understand how Porsche didn't have the correct part on hand. Is the correct part currently made for 1972? Rossepassion, for example, provides the same part for 72...73. So is it a discontinued part?"
    Last edited by _gonbau; 02-02-2023 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimba View Post
    (...) What was left of the original car? If I was a buyer that was going to spend 1 million euro on a car, maybe the condition of the car before the restoration is equally as important as after.
    That's the thing people often forget. These cars were raced (hard) and at the time originality was of no concern; as long as these cars were active, they just needed to be competitive.
    So where it gets difficult is when someone decides to restore a car to a certain form in which it raced.
    You mentioned R6 before. This Martini RSR that won the Targa Florio was bought (in the nineties I believe) by Peter Kitchak, who - in order to get support and info on originality from Jurgen Barth - was pretty much directed to restore it to the Le Mans racing form, as Jurgen felt that was the car in it's best form, with the centre lock wheels, different suspension, wider & integrated arches, jada jada.
    Then, a few years ago, Maxted-Page restored this car back to the form in which it raced (and won) the Targa Florio.
    Yet, if I look at their restoration, they got items in there that belong to the forward dated version (like the reinforcement panels on the corners in the engine bay) and there's a few other examples. The other thing is, like you called out before, is that these cars originally were built up in a certain order, something that is much harder if you built either a replica, or if you want to backdate an original car. Methods have changed, and to be frank, sometimes it really is hard to find out what really is original, as historic pictures are not all that detailed or non-existent of certain areas, and most reference cars may have already been restored once by now.
    So yes, an RS/RSR expert will always see that my car is a replica (which somewhat makes me happy as I do not want there to be any mistake or mis-representation in the future) but I take great pride in seeing that in quite a few areas we have done things correctly where the multi-million dollar restoration of the original car has missed it.
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T
    1976 911S -> 2.8RSR replica
    "if nothing goes right, go left!"

good find Baudett I had not seen those before
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Is there a summary of records that show different suspension setups? Curious to learn about torsion and sway bar sizes in particular.
    Bill

Early 911S Registry Member #4087
    Instagram: @myflat6

'72T hotrod 210 0228
    '82SC Targa
    '97C4S (sold - and regretting it)

I don't know what vehicle it is (original, or not...), but it is an S/T! it is very very nice
    Name:  10fyyqh Porsche [6000x4000].jpg
Views: 608
Size:  79.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by _gonbau View Post
    Attachment 561730
    some information about Hülpert Racing Team
    Porsche 911 S / T? Why is it noted as S / T in these records?
    http://touringcarracing.net/Races/19...0Nationen.html
    http://touringcarracing.net/Races/19...olz%20Sup.html

Name:  frank.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  78.6 KB

Can we talk about Frank Gerlach's "vehicles"? According to those notes, he had two vehicles with different engines. Were they two different vehicles for these events or the same one with a different engine? Does anyone have the original history of those events?

+
    Name:  frank3.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  58.2 KB
    +
    Name:  71.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  61.1 KB
    This image has been obtained by means of "pixel augmentation" and AI. Please move it away from your file or at least put it in a separate folder.
    Name:  1971.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  64.9 KB

+

Ziegler.
    Name:  zieglerrr.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  20.4 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 03-21-2023 at 07:37 AM.

cut panel. S/T or RS prototype?
    Name:  stor.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  73.7 KB
    +++++RS....Name:  RS.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  95.5 KB
    https://auction.nicola-ac.de/catalog92/?page=101
    Name:  1500H-1443.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  117.8 KB
    "5 Original S/W Pressefotos Detailaufnahmen 911 Carrera RS 2.7"

+
    ST or RS? oil cap.
    Name:  srorrs.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  89.7 KB
    Name:  1500H-1444.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  134.1 KB
    "
    "
    https://auction.nicola-ac.de/showPho...albumID=599213
    PORSCHELot: 1523Original S/W Werkspressefoto Prototypenbau VersuchsabteilungDarauf zu sehen die Herstellung der ersten Kunststoffteile Carrera RS 2.7

+

more resolution
    Name:  stinsg.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  83.9 KB
    Why wouldn't it have the 2.4L badge on the rear grill?
    Last edited by _gonbau; 06-05-2023 at 03:41 AM.

Has someone asked Jurgune Barth directly about the inscriptions made by hand on the T next to the model present on different vehicles that "seem to be ST"?
    Was he the one who made those inscriptions? Who worked with him in those 70s? Did you have a work team formed at Porsche? Any known names?