Page 73 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate ST thread

So .... An S / T before January 18 had to be made without "plastics"? only metals and aluminum? Except for the fiber front bumper ...
    a "white" paint was also applied as a base after the modification. Were other bases used? Or always white? This car is a yellow factory! I understood that the factory had a predilection for white cars! In the case of a white S / T. Would the same white layer have been used as the background?

Basically you have to understand it like this:

i.) on the one hand there were cars that the factory built for itself or for long established customers. e.g. Kayser etc. then they took what was there to produce such a car as good as possible but also within the cost and homologation. The customer wanted to buy a race car everything else was in the hands of the customization department of the factory. But this was done from the bodyshell on.

ii.) on the other hand there were customers who wanted to convert a normal 11er or have themselves built up afterwards in the factory for a sporty purpose. They also got what was there, but not from the bodyshell but from a street car. There could have been only GRP fenders on a late car (mid-late 1972), if that was cheaper or nothing else was available.

And I don't think all ST were painted white, they had the color as ordered or selected. Today with the CUP cars it is perhaps different, but today there probably more than 100 bodies are manufactured at once in one go, at that time Porsche was more of a manufactory and the race car construction one-off production.

quite clear the explanation! Thanks again to all
    compared to the blank S / T. I mean, I understand that R or S / T factory cars ... 100% factory cars were always white ... am I wrong about that? Salds
    Last edited by _gonbau; 01-23-2021 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _gonbau View Post
    (..) I mean, I understand that R or S / T factory cars ... 100% factory cars were always white ... am I wrong about that? Salds
    I know that all the RSRs (M491) were delivered as a "Germany delivered model", code 100, I believe they should all have been equipped with the Euro dials, with the German text.
    The Konradheim RS book mentions that the factory ‘werks’ RSRs were initially delivered in GrandPrix white over a grey primer. Not sure if they did that before on the Rs or S/Ts.
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T
    1976 911S -> 2.8RSR replica
    "if nothing goes right, go left!"

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    sometimes it's cheaper for a dealer to buy through another dealer...
    And as you can see on the top right it's not Hahn Automobile but Hahn Automobilgroßhandel = Wholesale division
    I have a new question in this same case ... That vehicle purchased through the Hahn dealer and that went to Max ... In the porsche database or registration levels ... In which dealer was this vehicle delivered What are we talking about? Max or?
    +
    Thank you very much for the information above!
    +
    Apart from that, various articles mention that the vehicle was delivered to Max on March 27, 1973. The invoice in the image is from 1972 on the 27th but from 1972 ...
    This car when it was delivered? in the year 72? or in 73 as all the articles I have seen so far say?

https://www.classic-trader.com/uk/ca...st/1972/207466

+
    In reference to the document that accompanies the vehicle. Does the red box that I indicate in the image correspond to a date?Name:  FECHA.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  30.9 KBName:  fecha2.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  12.1 KB

is the date December 31, 1972 correct?

does the chassis exist? 9112301061 ?
    Name:  1061.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  15.4 KB
    +
    I am not saying that in that document it is a 61 although it seems to me I would like to know if that chassis existed!

+

This last image that I attach belongs to this forum, in it we can see the order number of max moritz n 539 with "date" Nov 23, 72. The order of the order of 1081 is 554. Dated on December 31, 72 It seems valid to me ... But, this preparation of a 72 chassis was carried out for the year 73 as the articles say? Or this vehicle on its departure date went to Hahn and then Max ...? If so, how is it possible that the dates and order numbers are "possible" speaking of the end of '72 dates.
    Name:  Max Moritz sales invoice - 1973 911S.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  179.8 KB

+

2023:
    If what he said about the invoices were true and they were in that order, the document that accompanies the ST stated that the invoice was issued on that date due to an overpayment that had occurred. But looking at the two invoices from Max, were the dates correct?
    Was a sales estimate made with the data from the previous year anticipating a maximum? What happened to the invoice number 554 in "its real time" if the invoice 539 was so close
    Last edited by _gonbau; 02-02-2023 at 09:32 AM.

Since when are there race records for 1081?
    +
    How is it possible that the vehicle ran in year 72. If the MAx bill is from the end of 72?
    "After taking delivery of his car, Utz entered the car with much success in the 1972 Group 4 championship with the high-point being the overall win in both the “Nürburgring 36 Hours” race on 14-16/7/1972 as well as the “Hockenheim Grand Prix” on 20/8/1972 ! "
    Last edited by _gonbau; 02-03-2021 at 04:18 AM.

Was the weight of the 538 72" a standard weight for a 911S?
    in the book you can see the front plate where it indicates the data but I don't have it complete. Is this plate representative of the vehicle or was it "standard" and the weight did not change despite the modifications? I know this particular vehicle was not light. But I would like to know that detail.

+

Name:  punto.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  14.9 KB
    I also wonder ... if where I put the red dot. The hole that "in my case I have in that place" and until now I thought that it was present in all the 911. In this I do not see it, I must understand that I had misunderstood and there is no hole in the 911 of the factory line ?

quite clear the explanation! Thanks again to all
    compared to the blank S / T. I mean, I understand that R or S / T factory cars ... 100% factory cars were always white ... am I wrong about that? Salds
    No, not all of the Rs were delivered in white if what I've read over the years is true..
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

I have a new question in this same case ... That vehicle purchased through the Hahn dealer and that went to Max ... In the porsche database or registration levels ... In which dealer was this vehicle delivered What are we talking about? Max or?
    +
    Thank you very much for the information above!
    +
    Apart from that, various articles mention that the vehicle was delivered to Max on March 27, 1973. The invoice in the image is from 1972 on the 27th but from 1972 ...
    This car when it was delivered? in the year 72? or in 73 as all the articles I have seen so far say?

+
    In reference to the document that accompanies the vehicle. Does the red box that I indicate in the image correspond to a date?
    is the date December 31, 1972 correct?

does the chassis exist? 9112301061 ?

+
    I am not saying that in that document it is a 61 although it seems to me I would like to know if that chassis existed!

+

This last image that I attach belongs to this forum, in it we can see the order number of max moritz n 539 with "date" Nov 23, 72. The order of the order of 1081 is 554. Dated on December 31, 72 It seems valid to me ... But, this preparation of a 72 chassis was carried out for the year 73 as the articles say? Or this vehicle on its departure date went to Hahn and then Max ...? If so, how is it possible that the dates and order numbers are "possible" speaking of the end of '72 dates.
    YES. Porsche VIN numbers corresponding to MY were delivered starting in the fall of the previous year. So, chassis built in '72 as a MY '73 vehicle were actually delivered in '72. That's why dates can be deceiving, you have to also pay attention to the VIN as it tells you what the MY is.

Technically, 9113300498 is a '73 MY chassis, not '72 chassis as you suggest even though the chassis was actually built in '72 and the car delivered late '72.
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

+

I also wonder ... if where I put the red dot. The hole that "in my case I have in that place" and until now I thought that it was present in all the 911. In this I do not see it, I must understand that I had misunderstood and there is no hole in the 911 of the factory line ?
    As far as I know, that hole is present 69-73. My 70 has it and I've seen it used when a car has fogs and driving lights. Driving lights operated by the switch.
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586