Page 74 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate ST thread

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
    As far as I know, that hole is present 69-73. My 70 has it and I've seen it used when a car has fogs and driving lights. Driving lights operated by the switch.
    so on 538 someone went to the trouble of adding a little weight and filling in that standard hole .... when was this done? in the preparation S / T of 72 or in the restoration of now? Does anyone know if the dashboard / part we are looking at is an original 538 or is it one of those many parts replaced ...?

I have an other question! In the 72! Like 538! Was the lighter hole in the center? Or next to the glove compartment door?

+
    according to the photo of the same vehicle in black and white ... The cigarette lighter hole is in the center .. Is it correct? I wonder this because in my 911S the hole for the lighter is next to the glove compartment. Do you know when I change this position?

Quote Originally Posted by _gonbau View Post
    so on 538 someone went to the trouble of adding a little weight and filling in that standard hole .... when was this done? in the preparation S / T of 72 or in the restoration of now? Does anyone know if the dashboard / part we are looking at is an original 538 or is it one of those many parts replaced ...?
    I don't have an answer,, Why is the headlight switch hole missing?? I believe the cigarette lighter placement was moved to accommodate the new seat belt warning light (72/73). Obviously that dash is missing it as well. If the dash is replaced then you loose the chassis production number unless it's patched into a replacement. Looks like the earlier dash with the exception of the missing holes.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

I don't have an answer,, Why is the headlight switch hole missing?? I believe the cigarette lighter placement was moved to accommodate the new seat belt warning light (72/73). Obviously that dash is missing it as well. If the dash is replaced then you loose the chassis production number unless it's patched into a replacement. Looks like the earlier dash with the exception of the missing holes.
    Thank you very much, then, with that information. We can say that the measure of changing the position of the lighter was taken between 538 and 576 (my car) ... Is there a car included between these vins that has the lighter near the glove compartment? It would be interesting to know in which exact chassis was chosen to change the position of the lighter. In any case. The seatbelt light was not mandatory on vehicles in Europe? I must understand from your words that my vehicle has the lighter near the glove compartment so that I can put on the "seat belt" light but it does not have it. Was this exclusive to countries like the US? or similar? Thank you very much for the information and about the 538 ... Little to say! I am surprised that it does not have the hole, In one of the photos of the restoration it is seen that the number of the dashboard is original (you can see the layers of paint) therefore I would think that that hole should be there ... But not is.

Quote Originally Posted by _gonbau View Post
    Thank you very much, then, with that information. We can say that the measure of changing the position of the lighter was taken between 538 and 576 (my car) ... Is there a car included between these vins that has the lighter near the glove compartment? It would be interesting to know in which exact chassis was chosen to change the position of the lighter. In any case. The seatbelt light was not mandatory on vehicles in Europe? I must understand from your words that my vehicle has the lighter near the glove compartment so that I can put on the "seat belt" light but it does not have it. Was this exclusive to countries like the US? or similar? Thank you very much for the information and about the 538 ... Little to say! I am surprised that it does not have the hole, In one of the photos of the restoration it is seen that the number of the dashboard is original (you can see the layers of paint) therefore I would think that that hole should be there ... But not is.
    No you can't make that assumption for your car based on anecdotes of 538. The lighter was moved to make the "space" but, I've seen the placement with and without the seat belt warning light. I could go into the 72/73 parts manuals and see what they say but, suspect the seat belt warning was NA market.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

No you can't make that assumption for your car based on anecdotes of 538. The lighter was moved to make the "space" but, I've seen the placement with and without the seat belt warning light. I could go into the 72/73 parts manuals and see what they say but, suspect the seat belt warning was NA market.
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  10.1 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  46.8 KB

this is i see

pag 52 "workshop manual 911"

+

Regarding the dashboard of the 538 ... I have not been able to see if before the restoration or in the factory photos it had the hole present.
    BUT ... if the 538 was taken off the factory line (I understand that having the same holes as other 9S) it should have that hole. Therefore, in my thinking at that point was there repair? I do not know if in more part of the board ...

Last edited by _gonbau; 02-13-2021 at 04:26 AM.

How many "S / T" 1972 cameras were there? one?

Name:  4_s_20190416_192153.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  131.8 KB
    https://www.racingsportscars.com/pho...5-21-023_T.jpg

These two vehicles that I show. Are they the same car?
    Name:  once-52.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  45.1 KBName:  once-54.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  70.0 KB

The S / T put on the hood of the camera car at some point? I try not to see obvious differences between the vehicles but I think it is obvious that the camera cars "look different"

the black circle below where the camera goes would make a nice difference. among other...

Name:  once-32.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  37.7 KB
    from what I understand according to the images. The ST got the capo with the installation of cameras?

The "real camera car" was the one that "for example" did not have the correct roof light?

Name:  once-64.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  41.0 KB

Last edited by _gonbau; 03-29-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by letsrollbabe View Post
    Some time back in this thread it was pointed out that the torsion bar hole for the ST flares was different from the RS or later holes. I recently found a pair of real ST flares (more later on this barn find), and here are some pics of the torsion hole as compared to a factory RS flare. I just felt we needed to document how the hole differed from the later RS.
    some years have passed since this publication but I would like to clarify if these concepts have changed ... Those flares are from S / T and RS but which version of S / T are we talking about? In my car, (911S) I thought it had original "flares" S / T, according to the knowledge of the forum ... my flares do not belong to the "family" S / T? Salds

Name:  IMG_20190424_201803.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  65.1 KB
    Name:  ST and RS torsion holes.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  86.8 KB

Last edited by _gonbau; 04-18-2021 at 05:36 AM.

I observe this detail, I think it is tape covering the gas cap? Is it a replacement piece? If that's the case ... Why tape it off and not leave the fuel door? the image "belongs" to Daytona 73 obtained from the following page except "the one enhanced with" AI "of the detail of the tape.
    Name:  daytona-sonnenuntergang.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  171.2 KBName:  daytona-1973-29.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  179.7 KB
    https://www.classicdriver.com/en/art...table-thriller

*Instead of being the cover, may it have something there or is it a fault of the false resolution ...? A transmitter?

***fake resolution
    Name:  fakeresolutionIA.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  510.4 KB

+

was this hole also missing even though it was in the "found" vehicle?
    Name:  orificio.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  38.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by _gonbau; 05-30-2021 at 05:18 AM.

Name:  23 Porsche 911 S  J.Barth - M.Keyser b - Box (6).jpg
Views: 617
Size:  68.1 KB

http://www.targapedia.com/album_targ...Box%20(6).html

and

Name:  23T Porsche 911 S  J.Barth - M.Keyser a - Prove (3).jpg
Views: 629
Size:  112.3 KB

+

Name:  XX.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  82.0 KBName:  XX2.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  42.3 KB

are two missing ...?

Name:  xxx.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  23.2 KB
    Why delete a hole that you already have? If later ... are you going to use it?

+
    Nice video minute 4:20 for porsche

Last edited by _gonbau; 07-30-2021 at 04:40 AM.