Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SnoDrift Rally 2009 - Michigan

SnoDrift Rally 2009 - Michigan

If anybody wants to hook up with us for a fun weekend of rallying, here's the details -

Jan 30-31 (Fri/Sat).

I was beginning to be concerned about the lack of entries. Well, they just revised the list and all is well ...

Entry List

This year they are running a separate Sno-X/Rallycross on Sat. It's limited to only 20 entires. If I can get everything done on the 81 quattro in time, I'll be entered If not, I'll at least be driving it up there along with Bill G in his 68 911 and ... maybe ... Jared in the 69 912.

So the plan right now is to head up Thurs night, stop at the Faull Inn in Rose City for food/drink, head to the Gottschalk Estate in Atlanta, drink beer, crash.

I was in Atlanta recently and there was a good 3 feet of snow on the roofs ... SnoDrift indeed.

Wild Card Bill: are you out there?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Curt I KNOW we will see more photos from you on this! Hope you get that 5cyl urquattro turbo ready.

Always good to see Vermont SportsCar built cars - rallye style. They are still sporting the corporate identity graphics I designed for them back in 1996.

Keep us posted.

Well, Travis and 'Gymkhana Practice' boy are definitely the stars of the show. The SnoX is sorta intriguing. They're running it at the same location as one of the 'Mickey Mouse' Super Special Stages. Not sure then if we would be running the same course as the big boys or what? Sure would be fun to see how bad I'd get smoked by Block ...

And, there is likely to be an Abominable Snowman sighting.
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

Tanner Faust is on the list?
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

Attached Images Attached Images

Now do not be saying any thing about my big hairy other brother, Bill! Looking forward. Deep snow banks, I hope the weather is not too bitter. But as long as the beer is cold. I will bring the Jagermiester. I have become a little to acustomed to the mild Cali warmth.
    Regards, Wild Card Bill
    Bill Barnich
    R Gruppe Nr.230
    Early S Nr.960
    71 911T/2.7 Tangarine
    73 911?/3.6 work in progress

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar
    I'd never heard of Atlanta, MI before this thread. I learned more here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta,_Michigan in this Wikipedia entry - it even mentions the Sno-drift Rally which has its own Wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sno*Drift
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

Ed, you need a road trip. Throw some snows on the Martini and come on up!

I'm amazed they even have a Wiki entry. Pop. 757! As you can see from the stats, this is a very rural, poor area. One thing not publicized is that Rally America and the competitors donate much-needed money and food to local charities at SnoDrift each year.

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar
    Thanks, Curt but I'm heading SOUTH for the Rolex 24. Let's see now, its January soooo.....Michigan?...Florida?.....Michigan?....Fl orida?....Michigan?..... Florida?
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)