Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Arrival

New Arrival

A new to me 1970 Irish Green 911T 9110121325 arrived a few days ago. The car is an all original, numbers matching 2.2 with Zenith's and a 901 5spd. I'm the third owner, with the second owner having the car in Portland since 1972.

I'm starting slow, removing the Aftermarket A/C which was half removed already, doing some miscellaneous work, clean up and inspection preparing for a major restore as the weather improves here in Chicago.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

I spent a couple of hours inspecting the car tonight and removing the underdash AC. I took some shots of the aftermarket AC which I'm working removing. Exhaust valve covers are about the cleanest part on the motor right now. Engine bottom looks good if not dirty, no major oil leaks yet. Not sure why but it looks like some of the velocity stacks were replace with black plastics ones.. add those to the list.

Here an odd one... note the two longer bolts on the intake valve cover. Are those correct?

Irish Green is such a great color for these cars.

How did you find the car?

Congrats and good luck!
    95 C4 / Guards Red...(Sold)
    2005 997 Carrera Arctic Silver/Black...(Sold)
    95 C4 / Polar Silver...(Sold)
    10 Cayman S / Atlas Grey

Very nice! Congratulations.

Isn't that exciting to see the door come down on the transporter and view your new ride?

Congrats, very nice find. Is this your first early 911? In any event, welcome to the site. There is a small group of hard core early 911 fanatics in the Great Lakes area so if you would like to hook up with us for some fun this summer I would be happy to pass along my contact info.

Too bad about the A/C being added. One my previous cars also had a system added. The biggest headache is closing up the holes left when the parts are removed. The long valve cover bolts are not correct.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Well all right, another LH to the Chicago area. PM me with where you are in Chicago. I am one of those "hard core" Midwest guys that my friend Fryardds was refering to. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. Nice looking car, great color too.

Yeah Brian, I will never forget the anticipation waiting for that truck to arrive. "Dang it, he is 3 minutes late! Where can he be?" And when that door first came down, priceless.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Cool, I've got an Irish Green '70T being delivered this week myself. Forecast calls for high temps in the teens and lows in the single digits for its arrival window. Not looking forward to exposing the car to those conditions, and sadder still that it's going straight into a garage for at least two months.

I've got a wee bit of Fuchs envy as mine rolls on its original painted steelies, but I'm still not sure if I want to replace them and if so, with Fuchs or Minilites.

Enjoy!

Ed
    (a) 1970 911T Sportomatic coupe
    (b) 2016 E350 4MATIC wagon; parts hauler for (a)
    ESR #1474

Thanks for all the replies, this is my first 911 restore, but not my first venture in the Porsche world. My first was a 83' 944 that I drove during college, but before that I was the kid who handed metric wrenches to my dad as he working on his 70' 911T Targa... these days he has moved on to bigger and better 996TT things... now with kids of my own I figured it was time to carry on the tradition.

New Arrival

Hello cmoans, welcome aboard. You've got a great car there to start with, all there, unmolested, and just needing a whole lot of detail work. The long studs on the intake cover were there for the A/C compressor brace. Since you're removing all that you can remove those extra long studs and replace with the same length studs as the rest of the intake cover studs. I can send you a couple if you can't find locally.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Very Nice - with the old Gateway Porsche license plate frame, no less. That dealer, which no longer exists, was about two miles from my house growing up. I've been looking for one, but yours should stay with your car if it is original.

Welcome Aboard - Brad
    Brad Larson
    67 Soft Window S - Polo Red
    00 Boxster S - Speed Yellow