Thread: PPI help North Bay Area please?

PPI help North Bay Area please?

I'm looking for some help with a pre purchase inspection on a 1975 Carrera in Healdsburg, CA. It's about an hour north of San Fransisco. I will gladly pay a reasonable fee for a knowledgable enthusiast or mechanic to go over the car for me. Feel free to call me at 206-890-4615. Thanks, Mark

This post is in response to the several emails and voice mails I received regarding this '75 Carrera for sale in Healdsburg.

I called Mark Potvin (who started this thread) to offer assistance and inquire about the seller of this particular car. Mark informed me that this car is on ebay ( Item number: 190279396083).

My intent, based on the 'dire' emails I got, was to warn Mark about the notorious "Herr Doctor" and his unscrupulous practices.

Mark and I cross-referenced known phone numbers and email addresses as well as background details and, to the best of our resources, we don't think that the seller is the "Amazing Andreas".

We not 100% sure but Mark is now armed with helpful info and his guard is up thanks to to those of you (us) that sounded the alarm.

I also suggested a local Porsche dealership for a PPI but I think that Mark is hoping that someone local to the car, might know the car or can run over and have a quick look.

Chuck

Thanks!

Thanks for the concern and heads up! As Chuck has stated, I would love to find someone local to the car that can take a thorough look at it for me, particularly shut lines, body issues, rust, etc. less concerned about the mechanics. Glad to reimburse and compensate for somebodys time. Mark

Rob King @ S Car Go is in San Rafael. Also Whitman (forgot his first name) is a pretty good body guy and is nearby Rob's shop. Ideally you'd have the seller take the car down to Robs so he could check it in a lift and have Whitman look it over.
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340