Thread: How do I navigate German ebay if I don't know the language?

How do I navigate German ebay if I don't know the language?

I can tell that some items are able to be shipped worldwide but conversing with a seller would be impossible i think. What do you guys do?

Some fantastic stuff over there and i'm missing out!
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

I've used the Google translation tool with good success. Usually the other party can tell that your language is seemingly computer generated (although they can understand what you're asking) and will converse with you in English (if they speak/write it).
    95 C4 / Guards Red...(Sold)
    2005 997 Carrera Arctic Silver/Black...(Sold)
    95 C4 / Polar Silver...(Sold)
    10 Cayman S / Atlas Grey

Many Germans speak English. Try this translation site, I've had luck with it before.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/
    Rob Abbott

Hi Erik,
    try the Google translator:
    http://translate.google.com/translate_t#
    Keep the sentences short and the expression simple and it will work.
    Otherwise let me know what you want and I will try to get for you.
    regards
    Michael
    Michael Moenstermann
    Osnabrueck - Germany
    Early 911S member #1052

'While accelerating the tears of emotion have to flow off horizontally to the ears.'
    'Understeer is when you see the tree you are hitting, if you only hear the tree then it was oversteer'.
    'You can't treat a car like a human being - a car needs love'. (all Walter Röhrl)

Got it, thanks guys! I have worked out a method of having the ebay.de window open along with the babelfish translator page. I copy/paste the pertinent info and it seems to work very well.

Michael that is a most kind offer and I will keep it in mind if i have any communication troubles.

Erik
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

Hey Erik,

Do you shoot Beretta shotguns, rifles or handguns?

Here's my trusty companion...a Krieghoff K-80 12-gauge I use to shoot skeet, trap and sporting clays every week...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    95 C4 / Guards Red...(Sold)
    2005 997 Carrera Arctic Silver/Black...(Sold)
    95 C4 / Polar Silver...(Sold)
    10 Cayman S / Atlas Grey

And then you can read about stuff like this!...

http://cgi.ebay.de/PORSCHE-901-911-R...QQcmdZViewItem

(Although this ad is nicely translated!)
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

James that is one fine two-holer!

Shotguns and only shotguns for me actually. Have a 686 Onyx Sporting, 391 Urika in camo finish (duck gun for salt water) and a youth 391 for my wife/son and some other non-beretta goodies as well.

Several years ago i shot a few tournaments with a buddy and we had a great time. NSCA shoots are a pricey way to get your powder fix but fun just the same. We have a nice gun club about 5 minutes from my house with one of the hardest 5 stands you've ever seen. No one knows of a 25 yet in the 4 or so years it's been at it's current design.
    Erik

Early S # 1107