Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 73 911 RSR - Tyre Sizes

Quote Originally Posted by ST harry View Post
    hei mike.
    2.5 sr, 9+11x15 225/45+285/40 its perfekt!
    Attachment 406166
    what tires are these?
    keith
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B

r gruppe # 436

Well known car and article.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Hallo Keith.
    Michelin TB5 R (road legal Racetires)

Gruß Harry

there are choices:-

TB15 intermediate fully treaded road legal tyre http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/page/michelin-tb15

TB5 F & TB5 R - semi slick road legal tarmac rally tyres the TB5 F has a softer compound designed for use on the front, and the TB5 R with a harder compound for the rear of a rear wheel drive car. (you can use TB5 F all round for hill climbs

There is hope inn the future of building a 285/40R15 Cinturato P7 to go with these http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/page...i-cinturato-p7

Quote Originally Posted by Dougal Cawley View Post
    there are choices:-

TB15 intermediate fully treaded road legal tyre http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/page/michelin-tb15

TB5 F & TB5 R - semi slick road legal tarmac rally tyres the TB5 F has a softer compound designed for use on the front, and the TB5 R with a harder compound for the rear of a rear wheel drive car. (you can use TB5 F all round for hill climbs

There is hope inn the future of building a 285/40R15 Cinturato P7 to go with these http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/page...i-cinturato-p7
    The TB15 is too soft for dry roads. It's now a perfect tire for wet roads. Not under heavy rain, but really nice on the wet. Some years ago, the rubber was harder and the tire could be driven easily on dry roads.

For the F and R compound on the TB5, I tried the set up you proposed (F in front, R for the rear). But the front tires suffered quickly. If you want to use them mainly on open road, I would say R for the 4 tires is the right choice. R isn't a hard compound anyway. The handling is great, especially with the heat. I have this set up now on my Trudi and the wear is well balanced. And on a slightly wet road, the compound and the design of the TB5 R are good enough if you drive carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The TB15 is too soft for dry roads. It's now a perfect tire for wet roads. Not under heavy rain, but really nice on the wet. Some years ago, the rubber was harder and the tire could be driven easily on dry roads.

For the F and R compound on the TB5, I tried the set up you proposed (F in front, R for the rear). But the front tires suffered quickly. If you want to use them mainly on open road, I would say R for the 4 tires is the right choice. R isn't a hard compound anyway. The handling is great, especially with the heat. I have this set up now on my Trudi and the wear is well balanced. And on a slightly wet road, the compound and the design of the TB5 R are good enough if you drive carefully.
    wait, so the TB5 R is preferable to the TB15 for regular use?
    keith

r gruppe # 436

Quote Originally Posted by keith View Post
    wait, so the TB5 R is preferable to the TB15 for regular use?
    I run TB5's and they work well. Cannot comment on any comparison though. I can tell you they seem to be very sticky. Seems like every little pebble sticks. As for rain, I don't drive much in the wet, but on return from Amelia Island it rained quite a bit and I didn't have any issues. Of course I wasn't driving like a mad man either.

Edit, I don't know if mine are R tires. Just know they are TB5's.
    Mark Erbesfield
    2018 911 Carrera T 7spd manual 😊
    1973 911S #9113301282
    1957 356A #58648
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
    1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 FST (Factory Soft Top)
    1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 “Patina Queen”
    1979 MB 450SL "Dad's old car"
    2019 Cayenne "Wife's car"

Quote Originally Posted by merbesfield View Post
    I run TB5's and they work well. Cannot comment on any comparison though. I can tell you they seem to be very sticky. Seems like every little pebble sticks. As for rain, I don't drive much in the wet, but on return from Amelia Island it rained quite a bit and I didn't have any issues. Of course I wasn't driving like a mad man either.

Edit, I don't know if mine are R tires. Just know they are TB5's.
    It's easy to check if you have R or F compound: it's printed on the tire! (see my pic)

As I said about the F compound, I had F in front and R on the back for my first set of Michelin. I destroyed the front tires very quickly: about 3000 miles on open road or 2 rallyes like Coupe des Alpes. Ok, I drive fast. But since I changed for R compound every where, it's much better. And I didn't lose anything with the handling, because it's still racing tires and quite sticky. I have now about 5000 miles with my new set and they are still OK.

Name:  TrudiFuchs.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  90.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    It's easy to check if you have R or F compound: it's printed on the tire! (see my pic)

As I said about the F compound, I had F in front and R on the back for my first set of Michelin. I destroyed the front tires very quickly: about 3000 miles on open road or 2 rallyes like Coupe des Alpes. Ok, I drive fast. But since I changed for R compound every where, it's much better. And I didn't lose anything with the handling, because it's still racing tires and quite sticky. I have now about 5000 miles with my new set and they are still OK.

Name:  TrudiFuchs.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  90.7 KB
    Nice caliper Jack!
    keith

r gruppe # 436

Quote Originally Posted by keith View Post
    Nice caliper Jack!

It's a 917 copy, very high quality. And it works perfectly!

Name:  2.5.11a.JPG
Views: 468
Size:  55.8 KB

Name:  2.5.11b.JPG
Views: 457
Size:  59.6 KB