This is the same car in Luke's "67 Ebay Beauty" thread. I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting a second time on the same topic, but this car should really go to someone on the board. I figure a separate post will be read by more people. Much of this story is in the eBay ad for the car.

I want this car, but I don't think it's going to be possible. I spoke to Fritz, the owner several times. I have not checked anything he said except for confirming the COA. I like cars with a story and I think this is one. It's not a famous person story; it's a window into 1966 and a car and driver.

Per the COA the car was ordered with leather, tinted glass, an electrically heated rear window, rear window wiper, and outside temperature gauge. I just learned that the outside temperature gauge sensor is placed low so that the gauge can alert the driver to freezing road conditions. A red light comes on when it gets to 0 C.

Per the current owner, who has known the car since 1970, the car came with 5.5 inch steel wheels instead of Fuchs, and some kind of 2 way radio with access to some part of the system through a zipper in the headliner. When the car came to the US in 1970 it had a limited slip (unfortunately later removed and gone), H1s, a driver's side seat and diagonal belt, and wiring for the hood mounted Cibies.

I tend to be very impressed with my own clever deductions so you should draw your own conclusions, but I think the guy who ordered this car bought it to Drive. I can imagine that he took a look at the new Fuchs and decided that he'd rather have a wider rim than a lighter one. Everything ordered would make this a better car for serious traveling. The first owner put 60,000 miles on the car in 3 years. I'd love to know who he was.

The car has been repainted, but the interior is original except for the front seats and the carpet.

The current owner has all records back to 1970. He remembers helping the previous owner throw out correspondence with Porsche and other records that came with the car. Ouch. He has the driver's manuals, original keys and key fob, radio instruction book, and partial tool kit

Per the owner all the mechanicals are excellent. He rebuilt the engine with twin plugs, all updates, Carerra oil pump. and a crankfire ignition. His goal was to make the car as reliable as possible while keeping it a 2 liter 911. He has kept every piece that came off. I've spoken to someone who has accompanied this car on trips and he agrees with the owner that the car runs great. He has put 20,000 miles on the car since he bought it about 5 years ago.

The interior is blue leather, with the exterior originally silver. Great combination.

Check this one out. It should go to someone who will cherish it and drive it!

I have no connection with the car or owner except that I'd love to own it and I enjoyed talking to Fritz.

Alan

67S for sale