Thread: FS Correct US Frankfurt Radios

FS Correct US Frankfurt Radios

Needing better reception folks,

OK, most likely your early Porsche 911 was purchased with a "updated radio" (don't you just love it! ) And, if you found the "correct" radio it was either wrong or didn't work. Here we have for sale two fully functional (I just tested them and they both work great) Frankfurt Porsche Radios. The one pictured with the "tulip knobs" is an "X" code 1966-1967 date code radio. These early 1967, and earlier Tulip knobs, are very hard to find; in this case they came with this radio, brass centers with two screws/knob. I believe appearance-wise this radio is also correct for 1965 911s but am not positive. As you can see, great radio! Both round "nuts" could use rechroming or get new ones from Brad at NLA. Price is $750 shipped in US (it is a US radio after all)

The other radio pictured with soft large rubber knobs is a date code "Z" 1968 Frankfurt. I believe this radio is also correct for cars up to 1972 but after 1970 (or 1969, not sure) you need little snap mounting ears that mount on the front shafts as the radio slides in from the front. I am not exactly sure if this radio is correct for other than 1968. Comments welcome. Also pictured below the larger rubber knobs which are mounted on the radio are knobs that are slightly smaller. The smaller knobs MAY be correct but I think the larger ones are, comments? The radio comes with one set of knobs, your choice. The bezel on this radio has very minor pitting(much emphasized in photo) and the mounting hardware is in terrific condition. Also, as mentioned, just tested and works great. Price is $700 shipped in US. Please email all questions to DrRSR@aol.com. Thanks!
    -Allen-

Frankfurt US radio

"Z" was built in 1967-1968

in the market for a 997
    Allen,

I don't think the problem is finding these radios.

It's those darn snap mounting ears for the early 70s cars.

I'd nearly be willing to spend $700 for those!

I've got a couple of pairs of those extra snap mount ears is anyone needs them. Just PM me if you do.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread Allen.

Tulip Knob Radio

Is sold and is going in a US spec '67S located in N. Europe. Thank you!
    '68-'72 Blaupunkt Frankfurt is still available.

-Allen-